Thursday, October 19, 2006

OM...no stress....no Holly....

Took 2 days off to attend a workshop conducted by a visiting harvard medical professor on yoga and reasearch, stress, and sleep issues. C remarked that it's amazing how I was willing to take 2 days off to attend a daytime workshop with a bunch of old ladies - I assured him I was sure there'd be other participants, but yes, once again he was right - rest of the participants are mostly a bunch of senior ladies. Several of them my former yoga teachers at Shambhala, haven't seen them in 5 yrs. Yet for the past 2 days we sat huddled together in the studio at Gaia, busy scribbling notes as the professor droned on and on and on. As for my comments about this workshop....well, I'll say that Kundalini sounds very much like a woo-woo thing, the 'yoga' exercises the prof briefly had us practise....really rather woo-woo. Did it induce sleepiness? Sure. Did it reduce my stress? Umm, don't think so. Did it help me meditate? Nope, was too busy thinking about grabbing a slice of Bazerzin blackforest cake from the outlet nearby at Paragon.

This afternoon after the workshop we took Bis to the park to celebrate his birthday. In attendance was Slick, minus Holly. C suggested that it would be good to give Bis a break on this special day, so we did. He sure seemed to know it, and was really smiling and prancing away. Until he spotted 2 large dogs at the park, and he froze and got nervous and edgy once again. His stress level was obviously up. Sigh, what a wuss. C bought him a nice banana cream cake from a doggie bakery (yum yum, nice, I snitched some). Bis took a whole 30mins but hardly ate more than 1/4. At home, Holly polished off a whole 1/2 cake in under 1 min. Yeah, we should rename her "Trash Compactor".

Econs exam in 1 week, I have barely started revision. Each night I try, I'm either too tired, or reading the notes put me to sleep in under 5 mins. Maybe I should conduct my own "Sleep" workshop, whereby I just need to hand out a bunch of econs notes to the insomniac participants and voila! All will fall asleep within 15 mins of reading those damn things. And I'll be rich, rich rich.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Biz was zen.. he really was happy! and erm.. theres something to worry about when you even steal your dogs birthday cake for a taste!!...SCARY!!!

Poor biz is all nerves.. he really needs a good shrink...i think he is suffering from Post Holly Stress Syndrom...he's all edgey and nerves...er..He did have fun tho!!

So you need a whole workshop to teach you how to nap?.. what zen and meditate??? all you need is your econs book and you will be in nirvana in 3 mins!!

Lucky cows dun read!

Labels