Wednesday, October 25, 2006

I have coupons (not)

So my buddies from the tekka market gang saved me the 30% Borders discount coupon which I was so eager to have so I could spend more unecessary $$ on pretty books. So I set Con-cussedcow up on the pretext of hanging out for dinner and coffee, hoping to make a quick drop-by to Borders so I can spend my coupons (of course, Concussedcow so gladly obliged, even though he sniffed a rat). So after a nice chill-out at the United Sq Starbucks (which makes a great great evening hang out btw), we rode out to Borders where I dashed in to make my coupon purchases. I pick out a few mags and a yoga book.

I plonk down the stuff at the cashier's:
Me: (pointing to the book) I have a 30% coupon for this one.
Cashier: Ok (scans barcode).
Me: (digging and rifling rapidly through my wallet)...which I did not bring...

Stunned silence for 30 secs from the cashier.

O...K... so I harassed my friends for coupons, I set my Cowdude up so he'd take me to Borders, to buy books I don't need and don't have time to read anytime soon (at last count, I have 6 copies of Vanity Fair still in shrink wrap, 2 novels, 3 non-fiction, 3 yoga books, 1 chinese novel, 1 chinese drama dvd yet unwatched/unread) - and the anti-climax was I forgot to bring the coupons which I 'worked' so hard to procure. Yep. Such is Murphy rearing his ugly head.

Lucky for me the story had a good ending, the poor cashier took pity on me and decided to give me the 30% discount anyway. Maybe cuz he was afraid I'd burst out in tears or something.

On a separate note, quite 99% sure we know who the nab-Codie culprit is. Took Holly with me to Veron's house for lunch, leaving Bis at home, with Codie on the bed. When I came back, Codie was exactly where he was. Aha.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

BUT BUT!! when you took biz for his birthday treat, and left holly at home... wasn't codie still alive???!!! Ah HAH!!!

Labels