Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Zen of Kong-Fu Cow

I love kungfu movies, I just do. Chinese martial arts films are my fav, always prefer them over the angmoh movies. Tsui Hark and Yuen Wo-Ping, yeah! Love their movies.

Now I've revived my dormant interests in wuxia drama serials. Was watching the Legend of Ping Zong on cable and the story is really not bad, too bad didn't follow the original novel by Liang Yusheng. Think the original tvb version by Michelle Yim and Damien lau better - had vague memories of the show in my young young days. Maybe I was around 10-12 yrs old then. Darn that cable only shows it once per week!! Waiting for the next episode my neck long long like giraffe leow. So, for the first time in 10+ years, I ventured into a the video (ahem, i mean vcd) rental stores of Poh Kim. Wah, really feel like a mountain turtle. Stood outside the store for like 30 secs before I even lifted my foot to tippy-toe in. Felt as if I was going to be swallowed whole. This reminds me of my first public library experience some 3 yrs ago after a 15 yr hiatus, and my first popular bookstore experience with the correction tape just recently. The world has changed and I'm still in twilight zone. Wah, the last time I rented anything it was still in VHS format. Now it's vcd leow wor. :O

They didn't carry the Ping Zhong series. So disappointed. But ended up with another wuxia series. Ok, gotta admit C is right about one thing - when I get engrossed with my drama serials, hygiene does drop a tad bit. Yesterday rushed home after work and sat down on the sofa from 7.30pm onwards to chase the series, didn't even move my arse until 10pm when I had to switch to Desperate Housewives. Poor dogs didn't even get their walk. After a rushed shower between commercials, switched back to the drama series 11pm till midnite. If I could, I would use my "inner strength" to propel my dogs to the kitchen to get fed so I wouldn't even have to walk there and leave the sofa. Guilty as charged. Hieee-yah!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I shall call SPCA. Hahaha! You're definitely not suaku when it comes to Tods shopping though! :P

Anonymous said...

HELLO!!! What VCD!.. this is the realm of the DVD!! or soon.. blue ray... alamak!!...
Anyway, SO... you went to POH KIm.. and got a series huh... no WONDER you said you din mind me being busy this week!! wah!!... you gonnna be glued to the TV with a HUGE indentation of your bum on the sofa...hmmm time to get a new sofa... hmmm time to get a new TV.. er.. we have moved on to LCD technology you know...thtas the really flat thingy people hang on walls...

or should you get a BISYSLE first to keep up with the joneses next door! hee hee

Labels