Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Ticket to Auntie-land

The truth is out - I'm officially under the "auntie" category now. Yes going to tekka market and bargaining with stall uncles for discount on meats, and bitching kopi-shop talk with tekka gang is auntie activity. But tonite, tonite, I think I finally have to admit I've gotten a full qualifying entry ticket to Auntie-land. The cause of all this lamenting, well, a gathering with my gang of poly girlfriends whom were my best buddies during those 3 memorable school years.

Eileen, the prettiest amongst us, looks like a real hot mama. Despite only giving birth 5 months ago, she is now back to her svelte 48kg frame. And I mean flat abs, small butt and all, looking like a 24 year old fresh faced girl. Leona, all flawless in make-up and professional looking in her outfit that just screams, "don't mess with me" especially in her tall, built, 1.77m frame. Even Susan, who was more dowdy during our school days, looks like a japanese popstar icon that just stepped out of a magazine in her jap perm hairdo, and street clothing getup like those you see at Far East Plaza. And here's Wen - black pants and a white sleeveless blouse with a couple of safety pins, makeup that has washed out and not touched up during the day, with a shiny forehead (forgot to even blot my face, argh!), and really plain in contrast with 3 colourful women at the table. In short, AUNTIE.

I should have known better, really. I could just hit myself against the wall for not remembering that for a group of women, good buddies, that only see each other some 2x per year, I should have made more effort to dress up and play the part. Having become so used to my sloppy yoga-wear only attire on weekends, I become even lazy to dress better at work. Not to mention hanging out with school buddies. So what's the point when I have over $500 in cosmetics sitting around at home when all I use everyday is powder and lipstick? And I don't even bother to touch up during mid day for that matter. Aieeee. Laziness has it's price and I've just paid it. I dreaded the moment we had to take a group photo, wah, I really looked washed out and yellow-faced next to the 3 of them. Sigh.

Auntie-dom here I come. No turning back for me now. Aunty Moo.

1 comment:

Lysithea said...

Hahhahahaha! That's what yoga does to one. You don't really want to eat too rich food, you can't be bothered to dress up, comfort clothes are the best, you can't be bothered with makeup cos you're sweating in the poses etc ...

Nah ... don't call yourself aunti lah, it's Yoga auntie!

Labels