Sunday, June 11, 2006

The Cow of Zen

Nearly 4.5 hours of yoga today (with an 1hr break in between), and I'm energized. My stamina is getting better, I think ever since post-Ana Forrest workshop I am able to survive up to 6hrs of yoga work with a 1hr break in between. Of course as I become a regular at workshops, one realises that the workshop attendees are more or less the same people. LOL. But that means everyone's level is improving a notch at the same time, and a lot of them are really really good. From the way they move and their strength, a lot of them should be teachers. The only time I see teachers flail is at Ana's class. Let's see how it goes at David Swenson's. Matthew's masterclass is quite fast paced, he doesn't explain much but a couple of the postures are quite different from the usual stuff we do. Loosely adapted from the 2nd series he says. Next week is 3rd series. Interesting. :)
C brought me to a new place to eat today at Amoy street - Kah Soh. Really good fish head beehoon. I think beats the Holland V one hands down. After much fuss about dinner location (thanks to a zen stomach post-dyanamic yoga class), the fishhead beehoon is just the right touch. Happy Yogi Cow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahh.. zen my TOE!!.. if only everyone knew about the whining i kena till i finally suggested Kah Soh...

I said Jap, she said ...BLEH!
I said Chinese... she said ""too much for 2 people"
I said Sea food .. she said "SICK of red house"
I said Steak.. she said :" Not cannibal, dun wanna eat own kind"
I said Italian :" she made a face and said she wan zen food"..
I said STEAM boat :" you should have seen the face again"..
Went to a jap restaurant.. Waiter say Buffet .. My face smiles.. she says "i can't eat much"
Sigh... i drive...under the glaring penetrating stare of a hungry and miffed W...
I said... "Ah hah!!.. kah Soh"..

She said..."SURE CLOSED!!.. wanna Bet!!.." (threathening stares..

I reverse AGINST a one way road cuz scared she explodes... RESTAURANT open!! yippee!!

She simmers and gets miffed as the Auntys dun rush to wait on us.. i grab the menu.. and a GLORIOUS helping of pork fat... she says.. wah... everything self service ahh... i said they been here ages... they KNOW you'll be back"..

She orders.. (and i fin half a bowl of pork fat..au baturale".. she stares at me and nearly pukes...

In the end, she zen, me happy with a belly full of pork fat..

The morale of the story.. zen can be found in pork fat!!...

DownwardDog said...

correction - I nid to clarify that I said, "I will laff my head off if kah soh is closed.".

my head still intact. ha ha ha

Labels