Friday, June 09, 2006

Early bird catches no worm

Tried my first ever Mysore class today. Wah, I actually woke up at 5am fresh, had time to snooze for 30mins before going about the daily dog chores before heading down. Mysore starts 6.45am onwards and I'm there 6.55am thinking I may possibly be 1 of 3-4 students. Wrong. First approaching the studio I was startled to see already a good number of shoes lined up outside. Obviously there are birds earlier than me, and from the looks of it, 70% of the room is filled and majority are already a good 20 mins into their practice. Apparently a lot of students wanted to take advantage of Matthew being around and thus packed his mysore classes. Since I didn't know the sequence well enough I was only given poses up to Navasana before finishing. A little disappointed but hey, yoga is not about how fast one can get there (in terms of doing the pose) but it's an inward journey, and more important a journey of the mind and inner self. Of course, since I'm still a novice at the inner journey, my somewhat egoistic self can't help but peek and marvel at what some of the other students are doing. And gosh, there are a lot of students pretty advanced in there, mostly doing the full Primary already. Even Damien who started yoga only months ago, is much further along the series than me. His practice is actually quite good considering his limited experience.

I must say the uncalculated but good advantage of having a membership there is, I got to use the lounge area as a study facility for the whole day. I nabbed the corner space, lush seats with plump cushions and full view of the scenary outside. And very quiet, much better than any library. Shopping and food is easily available within the building. A definite plus. Can see myself coming here each time pre-exam to study. Couldn't help but snicker when I saw some students studying at the noisy coffee bean, loud music blasting and ear-deafening chatter of its customers. Next best thing today was that I used my coffee bean card points to redeem over $20 worth of F&B today. I am extremely pleased how much I got today for so little. heehee.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

MYSORE!!! what a name!! at 6am!! it should be MY BLUR!!or better yet..my STONED!!,,, you know how much coffee i would have to drink to be conscious??What positions??.. at that time, i would do the horizontal zen...i.e ASLEEP!! Which is what i am gonna do now..esp. after reading this!! Oh, BTW, your study perch should NOT be used to perv. the office occupants of the nearby blocks!!

Labels