Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Grocery Euphoria

I'm a grocery junkie. I am. I get immediate gratification just walking down the aisles of supermarkets. Not just any supermart, but gourmet ones. Last week I headed down to Jasons to buy some bread and a can of soup, and wow, think my eyes just glazed over as I floated along the aisles with a silly expression on my face just like a junkie who had a recent drug fix. All sorts of pretty things in pretty packaging. Ooooh soooo tempting. Canned soup is not just Campbells. But we're talking Heinz, Waitrose and godknowswhatother exotic brands. The packaging is so impressive. Juice section is another wow wow wow. Oh and look at their exotic cheeses. They have pies, quiches and samosas too. Hmm, great for dinners on those days I get bored tah-pauing from the zi-char stall. Kerching! Jasons is some $50 richer thanks to my 15 min junkie operation.

Yesterday night the same thing occured. I just wanted one teensy bread roll (only 60 cents) after yoga, but hmm, brie looks nice. And wah, the multigrain bread too. Oh might as well build my own sandwiches with extra tomatoes etc. Oh they have bagels! Must get cream cheese. Hey they have Arnott's fruit rolls. Oh I've never seen this type of sweet potato chips before.

$30 poorer as I floated my way home. Still floating today. Some days I dream of having a large stainless steel freezer from Armana. I drool.

But UH OH...if I'm not careful this might end up being a 60 cents breadroll become $5000 refridgerator project. Remember the SIMS game? Dee-dee-dee-dee-dee-dee-dee-dee. GULP.

No comments:

Labels