Thursday, June 22, 2006

Moo-moos of the Moo-lahs

GCB = Good Class Bungalows. New acronym I learnt while C was driving through the dark lanes of Chancery area on our way home. I've seen bungalows near the Caldecott Hill place, and they are huge. Chancery Road area....wow. It's almost criminal to own a plot of land and house (bungalow) that big in Singapore. GCB is not just any bungalow, it's THE bungalow, complete with sprawling gardens, long driveways and swimming pools. Bedrooms the size of my HDB flat. The houses are big, but on a huge plot of land, it looks like a tiny house in a big green field. They look like expensive, exclusive resorts. Very classy. I even saw one that has 5 luxurious cars in it's driveway. Man, they are so rich they can maybe even buy an island.

So here's the criminal part - some people have 5 luxury cars, some of the lesser ones have 1 continental car, and here I am, I don't even own a bicycle. That's a really sad state of things. Huge sigh. Ok ok so maybe I have 5 Tod's bags (err...actually only 4 I think). Man, they have so many zeroes in their bank account I can't ever imagine how I could make this much money except marry or murder for it. Cows for sale anyone?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh ya.. its also doesn't matter how many zeros you have in your account.. its where teh DECIMAL ppoint is that counts.. one little dotty means a lot!!...

Labels