Thursday, June 08, 2006

F for Yoga Teacher

Had a strange dream this morning, that I was a newly trained yoga teacher leading a hall (and I mean a large hall) of yoga students through an ashtanga practice. But not quite. As I led the chant through the opening prayer, I started to flail as I forgot the words to the next phrase in the prayer. A deadening silence descended upon the hall. Everyone seemed to hold their breaths (really sucking it in and hold!) as they waited for me to remember. I struggled, and sweat beaded my forehead. Can't remember how I fumbled the rest of the way through, and then I woke up. Guess it's a sign from someone above that maybe I should just be content being a yoga student. I sucked at my first teaching class. Sigh. What a crashing ending for a career aspiration that's not even started. Om.

No comments:

Labels