Saturday, June 10, 2006

Wandering Criticisms

Exam today. First thing - I need a new pen. Free pens from hotel conferences don't write well and pilot pens with a 0.5 tip annoy me too. My handwritten has been reduced to a primary schoolkid's unsightly scrawl - a victim of too much keyboard usage and too little handwriting practice over the last 4 years. Depending on the type of pen used, my handwriting can change. I think the redleaf ballpoints are best. Just need to nab one from the office lor. Ha ha.

Wandering around town after the exam, I had nothing much to do. It's a strange feeling not having to go to yoga class and then have a whole afternoon free. I literally nothing planned, no agenda, and feeling a little lost. Decided to reward myself with a pedicure; costly at $37 but well, it's not often I get one these days. I went to the bookshop, bought some groceries, and ran some errands, and wow, only 4pm. Still not much to do, so headed home. Strange to be home at 4pm on a Sat. For the first time in eons, I actually had time to do my laundry in the day time, and give myself a manicure. Really really rare.

Not going for yoga on a sat is really wierd, I mentioned that already. Even to a point I'm lost on what 'non-yoga' clothes to wear. Took a good 15 mins to deliberate over my clothing while the clock was ticking away (it was 9.20am and exam starts 10am). In the end, I had an opportunity to wear a french-style baby doll I had bought a year back and never worn.

Final thought - isn't this the Great singapore sale??? So where are the bargains?? Went into M. Dutti boutique for the first time, nothing impressive for their price range. Saw a sequined skirt I don't mind having but it looks like it's made for bigger mamas, and at $155? Fergeddit. Zara at Liat Towers was even worse, it's my first and last time there, because frankly, I wonder what the zara hype is all about. Crappy designs with blah fabrics that scream major ironing needed, and extremely overpriced. For the $100-$200 they charge on their clothes, I rather buy Dutti. Why do people even waste their time on Zara? 1/3 of Singapore wears Zara and the other 1/3 is Mango. Can't people get more original than that?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ooo.. so a wondering cow walks aimlessly lost... searching for the ultimate hide... sooo sad!!.. hee hee.. the baby doll outfit looks very cutie though... sure a big diff from the skull and cross bones!! hee hee

Hmm 1/3 wear mango.. 1/3 wear Zara.. how many wear.....NO UNDIES!!! hee hee or G-strings!! hee hee.. okok.. tis getiting late... and i really have NO idea how to comment on a shopping spree!!...

so i shallchange the subject to PENS!... i personally prefer a 0.7 blue nib.. or for fun, write in green, more pelasing to the markers eye!.. and when you are writing an exam answer, you will know the beauty of the tape liquid paper!! the other one takes precious moments to dry!! and messes up your pen nib.. my fav.. ROLLER balls!!...UNI BALL is best!!

Now i KNOW i am getting sleepy!...whatta topic!!..

Labels