Friday, May 12, 2006

New beginnings.....for old stuff

FINALLY! I have finally used up the bottle of C&E handcream. For a 250ml bottle of handcream, it's proven surprisingly resilient despite daily use. This bottle's been on my table for some 8 months. To expedite it's finishing I've resorted to pumping generous globs for moisturizing the soles of my feet every night. For $53 a can, this stuff is pretty long life. Similarly I have a bottle of this stuff in my cubicle at work, it's been 8 months and it's still only half used, despite repeated pumps everytime I wash my hands. My stock take tells me I have 6 more bottles (not counting the tubes!) in my private stash. Ohgawd that's another 3 yrs supply. Admittedly I went a little crazy with xmas shopping when they offered buy 2 get 1 free. Look what I have now. Oh and not forgetting some 15 odd bottles of shower gels, some 5 or 6 body creams, and then maybe 10 bars of soaps, oodles of face creams and lotions. Yeah if I never bought toiletries for the next 2 years, I shouldn't be worried. My stash will keep me afloat. :P

Packing my bag for school tomorrow, I feel a little odd. It's been years since I was a student and I feel a little old and rusty. I take out my pencil case (from my old days when I went to school yrs ago) and to my horror, found that the pencil case is actually mouldy. I mean, there's green grey blobs of stuff spotty all over the case. But to it's credit, it's a pencil case my ex-boss gave me some 6 or 7yrs ago. Ah well, I went hunting into my stash to see if I could find one of those freebie beauty bags I could use as a temp pencil case. Oh yeah, I found like 5 or 6 (ohmygod where did all this junk come from?), I even found stuff I forgot I owned. Speaking of pencils, my latest object of desire - the Montblanc Starwalker pen, the new one with a little diamond star at the head. Damage - $730. Ouch. But hey, it's nice to drool at but unless it helps me score a distinction at school, I'll stick with my el cheapo $2.50 pilot pens. Now speaking of cheapo pens, I realise all the pens I have were from my old school days. Wow, I hope the ink still flows, otherwise I better bite my fingers and write notes in blood. :P

One last whiny bit - major damage and ouch to my wallet today. Treated YP to lunch and a pressie as it's her bday tomorrow. Then myself for a much deserved pedi, and then had to treat mom to dinner in advance for mother's day on sunday. Not to mention another durian indulgence (it's getting close to the season!!). Wah, all in all can buy myself the darn Tiffany necklace I was eyeing. Ah well, good news is, once I start school, not much chance to go shopping and spend money. I HOPE. I really hope I don't do something stupid like blow it all on the upcoming Tod's sale. Moo.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ooo.. now THIS is an enlightning blogg... tell me more about pens, tiffany necklaces and tods sales?.. hee hee.. i FOUND the ad.. knew you would look.. but seriously, you have been VERY kuai lately... i think you deserve something sweet for yourself.. now just hope i land another project and i'll get you a little surprise...

eee.. i can't believe you keep all your old school stuff!!.. are you the sort of gal that buy sheaps of erasers, just to sniff at them?hee hee... is teh convent uniform mouldy too????... hee hee... mmmm..

I only kept my results, cuz no one would believe how badly i could do in Chinese!! hee hee!!.. if there were a negative score, i would get it!!

Wah!! boss give you pencil case...er.. what teh heck does that mean?.. you are untidy?.. you keep loosing your stationary.. you STEAL office stationary. er.. not as bad as stealing Bananas...er... why would a boss give you a pencil case?.. the mind boggles...

maybe you have too many erasers lying around!! hee hee

I think we need to go stationary shopping...actually, i have heaps of Muji stuff.. you want?.. swap you for one of your legendary stash of toiletries... er.. i ran out of shampoo... deal?.. and please dun gimmie doggie shampoo... i got rid of my ticks at the vets..

Labels