Sunday, May 21, 2006

The Aunty Life

As I reclined at the basin of the hair salon getting my hair washed and scalp massaged, I let myself drift off in total relaxation for those 5 mins. Ahhhhh it felt so good to just lie down and do nothing, while little labourers tend to those tasks that I normally would have to do myself (of course I also save some 75 bucks!). But wah, it's been too long since I've gone to a salon and too easily forgotten what a good scalp massage is like. The stylist tending to me is definitely gay, because he's damn good with his hands and very gentle. Hardly felt anything as he snipped my hair. Hardly even heard the snip. What I like best about this salon is that they do not hard sell anything. They thank me for coming, give me a name card and wave, "See you next time!". Think most of the stylists in there are gay. As I sat there for that 1 hr getting my hair done and reading fashion magazines, it's remniscent of my past life where I could easily spend a day at the spa, shopping at boutiques, doing my hair and living the materialistic life. Until yoga predominantly took over....these days my pretty clothes are pretty mouldy in the closet, and I just hang out with my freebie C&E bag (very aunty one!), yoga mat and yoga top and shorts. That's about it. Pretty unglam, and enough of a deterrant for me to step into any high end stores since I'll be getting the snob treatment in my attire. But the good news is, I am spending less. Umm, until the next Tods sale. Akan datang.

As a side note to myself, think I'm becoming more and more aunty these days. Very unglam in my dressing, and even becoming more and more shrewish. Wah, terrible. Some more even resort to bargaining at the wet market and with durian sellers. Die lah. Aunty Moo?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aunty moo... er... you HAVE been eating durians, and gossipping and you DO like to window shop..er... a bit tai tai maybe?.. actually.. NAH... Aunty is right! hee hee.. they also drink teh mah!...instead of high tea... hee hee..

But you dun look like an aunty mah!...maybe i haven't seen youin a Prada dress for a while.. hee hee.. but you just chuck on the ole skull and cross bones T-shirt and NO one will call you aunty!!..

Or perhaps a visit to TODS will change all that?!!
Anyway, you ain't an AUnty until the REAL AUNTIES at Mc DOnalds ask you "uncle, what you want to order?'..YES, I KENA!!!!! so until that day... you ain't no aunty.. little gal....er... can you still fit into your convent outfit?????.... lil gal... hee hee.. hAHA!! i just imagine you with pig tails and in a convent outfit!!!

DownwardDog said...

Perv. :P

Anonymous said...

I am into retro and noticed you had this "auntie" freebie C%E bag.
I would seriously like to buy it from you at a comfortable price from you. I need it somewhat urgently by this week or latest early next week.

Can you post a close-up photo of the logo to confirm it is what I am looking for to this email:

intellisyswa@yahoo.com

Thanks.

Ray.

Labels