Monday, May 01, 2006

Labourious Day

Wooohoo...public holiday today. And I spent most of it at....you guessed it, yoga. Well actually a 2 hr class with Viv, and then another 3hrs gossiping with Meei and Linda, which is very typical of us. Gossips complete our zen experience for the day. Makes us whole. And gives our mouths a spirirtual experience. LOL. The challenge in class this week for me is Astavakrasana - I could do it decently on my right side but with some difficulty on my left. Today at class as it was so packed and we were nearly mat to mat, YP was given a good close up of the dirt under my feet as I extended my legs out to my right side. LOL. Here's a lovely pic of the pose borrowed from yogajournal.com.


In class today a motherly lady probably in her 50s next to me was doing her poses with ease and grace. Very graceful like a dancer. And she's very flexible with very long hamstrings as well. Watching her bend forward touching her nose to her knees I feel a pang of envy. Wah, despite all these years of practice my hamstrings seem to have frozen up instead of getting longer. Envy to her.

Finally, C gave some positive comments about the new blog layout. As I expected, he wondered about a cow theme in an apparently yoga-doggy blog. Yeah, maybe I should rename the site. Mutterings of a Moomoo Yogini??

Horrors!! Powered up megan to post my blog today only to find that (GASP!!!) the cow image is positioned differently when using Safari. PENGZ SAN...... headaches of all headaches. Yesterday as I laboured intensively over getting the layout right I had to use my company laptop, as apparently megan (or Safari, rather) could not download blogskins correctly. The blogger preview tool is also somewhat misleading as I realised it doesn't show the actual real real layout. :P

ANYWAY...back to work tomorrow. A full week of meetings. Expect it to be labourious, tedious and fraught with tension. Then dog show on Sunday. Still in 2 minds if I shoud show Holly, thanks to lack of discipline on my part (guilty!) and being a sloth in her show training. Of course, my excuse is - she's an airhead.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

GOOD WORK!! now the cow is where it should be!!er,,,, but tis a confusing bloggy as its a dog's yoga poo cow zen blog with sprinklings of gossip..
Hmmm i think i shall plan operation nab mooo mooo...so, wanna be my sidekick? I think it may only be a 2 year jail term at worse!.. hee hee... mooo..

Moos are slowly invading the world... they are now grazing at the nearest grass patch.. but Moos are creatures of class, so they are hanging out in orhard road.. cuz you never know when you gotta mozie down to Tiffanys! or TODS... which are made FROM moos...ewwwww....

Poor Holly, she has been labelled an airhead... but one wonders about the effects of the environment and social upbringing on one's character.. i.e holly, air head.. cuz the person who brought her up...HELPED or was an influence!! hee hee!! Or can we blame the fairy dust that you use on her in the show!! actually, by beingan air head, that would make jer the perfect contestant!!just like real beauty pagents!..
Anyway, Mooooooo dun have pagents.. the smart ones get fed beer and are massaged all day long.. of course, they later become Kobe beef... hee hee.. but thats a good life... while it lasts!..

cows love labour day too.. cuz they need a break from eating all day long, mooing and sleeping!!...mooo

Ox tail stew...or tatanka stew...

Labels