Monday, December 01, 2008

Passions and Desires

For all the recent rant and raves about shopping and my obsessions, finally I am drawn back to my real true love - books. I must say that Borders' strategy with those steep coupons have snagged a loyalist fan like me for life (for as long as they give steep discounts). So here I am armed with coupons and my latest lovely cookbook acquisition - Lygon Street.
. Only a few true loves in my life - food and books have always been beloved childhood companions, and like old friends, we are seldom apart. Lygon street is another testament of the fact, though C often bemoans nowadays I haven't been cooking for nearly a year and is dying for me to get back to action. Indeed, Lygon is the 12th cookbook I have acquired this year, and have not even touched a recipe from. Yes well, with love comes many desires, and yes I dearly desire to have that Dream Kitchen.

And speaking of Dream Kitchens, check out Chubby Hub's latest kitchen pix. Is that *GASP* 2 Kitchen Aids??

So, birkin or dream kitchen? When one is in doubt of which to choose, always ask the question , "which would you sell your soul to the devil for"?

Ans: Dream Kitchen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i guess it's nice to hv one kitchenaid each, i bet if my hubby can cook, he wnts his own, jst like he wnts his own sink and make it is far far away from mine....

frd.. for yr info, your birkin budget will not help much for your kitchen, so i advise u to gt birkin and thn think about dream kitchen.. it will cost u many birkins... even mine is nt so dream, it costs at least 20% of my reno cost.. hahaahahah

Anonymous said...

DREAM kitchen??.. let me tell you.. GUYs and GALS dream kitchens differ!! POLES apart!!.. MIne would have an AUTO, refillable COKE dispenser!! all stainless steel, so that to wash it all i need to do is turn on a hose and spray the place down!... OOOHHH and an IDEAL man's kitchen comes with its own..SERVING WENCH!!! in French maids outfit....mmmmmm... dreammmm... ohhh and it would have a pantry door connected to a COLD STORAGE!!!... and the other to SWISS bakery!!... who could ask for more!!..

By the way,.. you dun read cook books.. you buy em and just display em!!... its like tiny tail spoilers on a VOLVO.. only you know its there and you;re kidding yourself if you think they have any use!!! hee hee...

Me hungry now...

Labels