Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2008 in Perspective

2008 has been a fairly remarkable year for me. I started my yoga teacher training, wrote my MBA dissertation, got a new job, passed my MBA, passed my teacher training......and became proprietress of an online store - the latter being the final culmination of my MBA and yoga training combined. The year started out very challenging especially at work, but like the saying, "trial by fire", well it's through fire that moulds character. With all the extra activities through the year it's also a test of physical limits. Outcome of this test? One needs a lot of collagen supplements, face masks and plenty of retail therapy.

2008 is and was a good year. Because of all the learnings I've encountered. Yes economy sucks, but even from that there is a lesson to be learnt - 1) no money is safe, except under the pillow, and 2) it's probably better to invest in a birkin bag vs any other stock.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

BUT YOU HAVEN'T GOTTEN THE BAG YET!!!!!!

The meaning of 2008 for different people:

Biz...sigh...
Holly... huh?..200x er... what planet is this?
Slick...On line store great idea to transfer, raise and launder funds for terrorism
Wen...setting up my store, stocks etc including labor, expenses etc.. can't even buy me a TODS bag!! hee hee!! But to be truly zen is NOT to wear clothes but to discard worldly posessions and B one with nature!! NUDIE!!! hee hee

By the way, to the dogs, you still the person that feed em and cleans their shit.. so you dog servant!! so much for MBA!!

C... My car not fast enough and can't work after being underwater...

Obama... 'say what homie'? me gonna make teh USA my 'hood'..

BUsh... "blank stare"..wha the "f" happened...

Also this is what happens to your economy when you pledge 'no new taxes as a campain promise'.

cows all say MOO in unison and FART to increase global warming and kill every other creature on earth with silent farts... wen help too..

Labels