Monday, December 29, 2008

Gastronomic Orgasm


How to achieve G.A. (and I don't mean general anesthesia):

1. Read Chubby Hubby. Orgasm ultimate via food sex on a blog.
2. Subscribe to Appetite magazine. The oh so ooh la-la food styling on the cover is always a trigger for rapid heartbeats and orgasmic bloodrush.
3. Watch Nigella Lawson. Need I say more?

Today my haul at Borders equals 2 cookbooks, 2 food periodicals (Appetite and Singapore's Best 100 Restaurants) and 1 yoga book. Hmm, maybe that's the way life is - I enjoy my yoga very much but maybe because I'm at practice so regularly I feel less desire to possess much reading material on it. On the other hand, the dream kitchen and the dream food are things I don't use much but highly covet. Life is about wanting what we cannot get. Only then will we desire it more.

Speaking of yoga, since I've completed my teaching certification, I'm suddenly struck with the reality that I do have to write my sports resume. I've got a career resume I'm really proud of, and to suddenly have to write another resume as a rookie is almost stunning. So out come the stash of certificates of workshop attendance etc etc. One thing good about being anal and having a rather neat filing system since my school days, is at least I know where everything is kept.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YOU ARE NOT neat!!! you could loose your dogs in your room if they din get hungry and move themselves!!how can someone sooo small, who should have small clothes HAVE SO MUCH SHOPPPING!!!!.. as for the resume... how do you write a yoga one?.. you put too much things and you are boasting (against some lama's teaching)... if you put too little and no one cares... you have to be zen... go to interviews and say NOTHING, just calm people with your zen calmness and they will geddit!!...ahh true zenism... do nothing, expect everything, want nothing, but need everything... see how YOGA and SHOPPING DUN MIX!!!

Labels