Sunday, June 01, 2008

The Hunt for Pasta

The quest for good pasta at 4pm really says something about italian restaurant culture. I didn't just want pasta, I want damn good pasta, the al dente type, cooked to perfection, real deal italian style, not some california pizza kitchen overcooked maggie mee. C, my hapless partner, of course very kindly drove us from paragon (on a super crowded saturday full of GSS shoppers) to Spizza at Balmoral. Unfortunately closed. Then we moved on to 6th avenue (no pasta in sight), then Namly Gardens where La Nona resides (also closed). At this point he told me point blank, "you should really just listen to me for once, let's go Holland V". I shut the hell up. At Chip Bee gardens, everything was closed, and I was about to give a sharp retort when lo and behold, Da Paoloa Pizzeria is lonely but alive. Lasagne was excellent , as was the black truffle pizza. Case closed.

On a side note, the Galerie Cho Lon is having 50% closing down sale. Lovely lovely lovely furnishings but damn, I don't have a house I could put all those things into. :(

Moral of story, don't crave for good pasta during tea break. Nearly impossible to find.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Learn from experience...LISTEN To the TUMMY!!!(mine)..
see!! if only you would listen to me...as usual... but pasta was GOOD...now where to find alternatives...

Ohhh and the Cho Lan stuff was kinda querky... a little bit looks cool.. but if you match the whole thing, looks like a 50's kong siak street whore house or something out of Austin Powers...YEAHHH BABY!! PSYCHADELLIC!!!(i give up on the spelling)

Labels