Tuesday, June 24, 2008

BARF Diet

Dog lovers probably think this post is about the Bones And Raw Food diet for dogs (both Bis and Holly are on it anyway). But no, in fact it's about my rather horrendous experience at OSO Ristorante just yesterday. Bunch of ex-colleagues and I were there to celebrate a birthday. #1 complaint is the restaurant is very hard to find amidst a row of wedding shops and sleazy bar joints (with thai ladies gyrating in their VS lingerie in front of our very eyes). Hey I mean, VS lingerie, great, but is competition that stiff that they have to gyrate their hips against the front door of the sleazy joints? Even Orchard Towers have more class than that.

Anyway....

#2 complaint is service is crappy. We actually had a waiter who was dripping with veiled sarcasm. So we were a table of ladies who were the only table who didn't order any wine. Is that reason to dish out lousy service? Even our requests for a small bowl to share a huge portion of their very good mushroom soup was met with snobby disdain. Ok, so you bring us a bowl, but dude, can you remember also to bring us the extra soup spoon?

#3 complaint my risotto is a tad undercooked. I resisted the urge to send it back to the kitchen since whoknowsthesnobbykitchen staff may well spit into it before popping it into the microwave. Big mistake. First spoonful into the mouth, and it gave me a nauseous feeling. I ate probably 1/3 before exusing myself outside the restaurant and throwing up into the potted plants twice. All in, I threw up 4 times. Thankfully I was gracious enough not to do it in the restaurant (poor bushes by the walkway), else snobby waiter and staff would probably have a lot to say about inconsiderate customers. I felt bad for my friends since it was a birthday celebration. Under normal circumstances I would have complained like crazy and insisted on having the risotto redone.

So while food is really quite good, save for the disastrous risotto, but the lousy service and bad risotto experience means I will never patronise Oso again. Unless I want a barf diet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Watta waste of all that yummy food.. but never send teh food back.. you donno what they will put in kt.. but i bet its ORGANIC!! hee hee...
All that trouble for mui fan... maybe they cooked it in DISH water.. hence you barfed???

anyway, the plants should complain about unceremoniously barfed on.. they SUFFERED!!! Hmm i wonder what you looked like to the THai gals gyrating.. bet you sure caught their attention!!anyway, this warrants a COMPLAIN!! funny thing is time to complain you don't...you should have said.. "your food suckie.. you want proof.... bleeehhh'... that'll shut them up..

Labels