Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Yawn Yawn TV Marathon

Ch55 hasn't had it this good in a long time. The programme line up, that is. I hardly ever watch tv, and would prefer Discovery Travel's Ian Wright and Anthony Boudain anytime, and maybe a quick snatch of CNA 10 mins each morning as I get ready to work. But wah, now that Revolving Doors of Vengeance is on at 9pm on 55, I'm committed (or shall I say, hooked) to making sure I catch the daily episodes. And the 10pm Tian Ya Xia Yi (The last breakthrough?) is another 1.5hrs of engrossing tv. Healing hands III at 8pm ain't bad either, if I missed that, I could catch the 11.30pm rerun, yep, after Tian Ya Xia Yi. That means, I don't get to bed till 12.30am. Yawn.

3 days in a row of marathon tv so far, and boyo, I must be getting old. I know I am, and age shows it's signs in different ways. Today it manifested itself by requiring me to have 2 caffeine shots, something I hardly ever, rarely ever do. The number of days in this lifetime I've had 2 caffeine shots to-date is definitely less than 10, but at the rate I'm marathoning it'll well be over 10 soon. I wondered if my system could tolerate it, but when one finds herself yawning at 1.30pm despite a morning cappucino, well...that's trouble. And speaking of aging, I used to be a light sleeper. Used to, being the operative past tense. I could be asleep in my room, door closed, and if someone came home late and opened the house door, I could hear it and would wake. These past days whilst sleeping with my room door open, I slept right through when mom came home late, or bro left the house early morning at 6am. My bro is hardly discrete when he moves around the house and easily during my light-sleeping days I would be alert and awake the moment I hear footsteps around the house. But not anymore I guess. Sure sign of aging. In fact, I began to suspect it as sometimes on the days Bis was lucky to be sharing my bed, midway he'd leave and go sleep elsewhere, and I would not feel a single thing as he climbed over me and jumped off. I just slept on.

The Daily Poo Index is getting a little rusty. But not much to update there anymore, so maybe I should change it to the Daily Rat Index. Rat index today was a dismal zero. None to be found. I think these rodents have some sort of shift schedule set up, today must be their cooperative day off. Can't blame them, after all, they get kicked and concussed around quite a bit. So maybe they took some time off to visit their local rodent spa. See them tomorrow I guess.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rats? they ain't dumb.. maybe you are NOT the only one drinking or getting caffeine shots!.. maybe teh rets now come out at the bewitching hour... AFTER MIDNIGHT!!!...then they can have a little mouse party!!.. and you dun even know they are there! hee hee!!.. mice ain't dumb!!... ORR!!! they could have relocated to the good class bungalow area, where the dogs are too posh and fed till they are sooo fat that they dun even chase the rats.. relocated rats are hapy rats!! MMAAAYYBEE!! they watch the Hong Kong Series/ jap/ korean.. so they are now asleep!! hee hee!!...

And i am curious, how come you dun get confused watching 3 diff series in one day?.. i would get a headache!!.. and be blur!!


Maybe i should ask the rats!

Labels