Thursday, August 03, 2006

Pizza with 4 cheeses - an epistomological discourse on Imagination & Leadership

Ugh, even writing this entry's title gives me a headache. What exactly does the title mean, I'm also not exactly clear but it's something about Pizza, cheese on the pizza and a discussion on the articles I had to read up for my coming exam. It all started innocently enough with a lamenting wail to Cownana in the car on our way to dinner, that I'm making neither heads nor tail of the theories of these scholarly theories. To prove a point, I read to him what I thought was a difficult paragraph. To my wide-eyed speechlessness, Beefsalami not only immediately understood it, but was able to digest, break it down into tiny little bits and burp it all back to me in a straightforward way. I tested him further with a few more paragraphs and he did the same thing. "....WHAAAAAAATT???!!! How come you can understand it so easily???!" I wailed. Throughout our 4-cheeses pizza dinner, C not only read my articles but could explain it to me A-Z. He criticized, stretched it, pounded it, chopped it up, salted and peppered it, and explored it from all angles possible. I suppose that's how his (scheming) mind works, whereas me, I just follow the recipe. If the end result is not satisfactory, it's the recipe's fault - after all, I did not reinvent nor substitute nor thought of how to customize or improvise. C likened my thought process to a logical one, as I can only read the theories but not understand it, I see it only in a 2D view, if it doesn't make sense, my brain goes into Syntax-error mode and starts bleeping furiously in an error loop which I cannot get out of.

OK, so I have to admit, he's a far better student than I, and frankly I learnt more during our 1hr pizza dinner than I did in my entire week of staying up nights reading. Aww crap, I wonder if I'm able to maintain the trail of thought he's set me on tomorrow as I finalize my revisions. Even more important, am I able to remember how to argue my batmans and spidermans come Saturday's exam?

One last note to self - my body can NOT tolerate 2 caffeine shots in the same day. I indulged in a morning latte and then in the afternoon an expresso choc fix. By evening I was feeling the full effects. Ouch. Not at all pleasant. Besides, butt is looking quite the squishy wiggly bit these days.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

cows have some strange knowledge of obscure facts that with just the oppertune time, cows appear rather intelligent... actually, tis a fluke.. but i must say taht it was a really interesting article... that evokes emootions...hee hee... the other articles about the sematics of organised knowledge was damn bloody boring, and tedious to read.. cow would have just answered..moooo..

so had your fill of orange kit kats?
Thats what exams are for.. to rejuvinate teh soda and candy industry...kitto katto... even the japs have a good luck exam pack!.. er.. is luck all you gonna need?

mooooo

Labels