Thursday, August 17, 2006

If looks can deceive....

I've committed shopping faux paus again. I thought I was getting a good deal, crabtree online sale, candles going for 50% off. $10 per candle for such quality stuff, cheap cheap. Unfortunately I was off-mark with the shipping estimation, and turns out shipping costs me another $10 per candle. Sigh. Not so cheap cheap after all. When will I ever learn? :P

Looks are deceptive ya know? There's this girl who's on the bus with me almost daily, works at my office, looks like a bimbo, walks like a bimbo, dresses likes a bimbo. I've never talked to her until today when a sticky business matter let me to inadvertently consult her expertise. By golly from the way she worked the keyboard and commands, she certainly is no bimbo. No doubt I had to swallow my tongue and with took some effort to act less ignorant than I was, I doubt I was quite successful. Crap, maybe I do have to start dressing more girly, more feminine and just look big eyed and idiotic more often than not. There's seems to be more advantage to that than dressing in slacks and boring tops all the time, (or yoga attire on weekends). As proven previously, looking aunty does not have much merits, no, not even at tekka market where even the filipino maids can outbargain, out-maneuver and out-elbow me. As I was saying, maybe dressing girly and bimbotic is much better than looking intelligent and getting tongue tied and stuck when trying to formulate smart answers to difficult questions. No one really asks bimbos difficult questions because.....we all know they are air heads. Time to change my head I guess.

Codie was safe for the last 2 days. So far so good.

Ahhh, new drama on Ch55 cable, Revolving doors of Vengeance. YESSSS!!! have been waiting for this since my trip to HK last Aug, when I had to spend 2 weeks there, alone at night with my daily dessert for company. I remember rushing back from my shopping every evening so I could catch this show at 9pm. Of course, 2 weeks was hardly enough time for me to finish watching the 30 episode drama, and needless to say, it will take a year before cable here shows it. But patience has paid off. I rub my hands with glee. Yeah, putting my cable $$ to good use. Finally.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You can actually wait a year before watching a series!! I would have gone on e-bay and gotten it!! or even contacted HBO directly!! (for my eng series lah!!).. wahh!! no wonder you wanna rush home these days! Chay!!...

Hmmm big and doe eyed bimbotic..er.. thats what i thought you were when i first saw your photo!..wah!! i kena conned man!!.. i think the bimbotic effect works exponentially when you wear a LOW top!!.. BOBBIES help lower one's IQ and raise men's eyebrows!!.. the UlLTIMATE deal sealer!!
so bat those big brown eyes (fake lashes and all hee hee)... CRY HAVOCK and let loose the DOGS of WAR!!!

Cows stay cool....they show udders all day long and people just let them graze all day long and dun disturb them..SEE!! works for cows!!

Labels