Saturday, August 26, 2006

Back To School III

Back to school again. Same old Ya Kun, same old eggs and kaya set. Haven't gotten sick of it yet. Different fake tod's of course - it just gets more and more interesting each time. This time a Brit (my initial impression I thought he was a student given his back view) who speaks with the speed of a runaway train, his England is no less power than the Italiano professor from the previous module but wah, he hardly looks a few years older than me, but already has been teaching for at least 6 years, plus his official title is "Dr." which means he's got a phD. And obviously, he knows his stuff and he knows exactly what he's talking about. So you think I'm techno-illiterate? Wait until you meet this guy, he's even more techno-ignoramus than i am. He presented the entire lecture on the "OHP" (can't rem what the actual name of this video thingy is, YP will probably knock my head again for calling it OHP), and in a word document, because he has never ever used powerpoint in his entire life, and blithely told us he has no intentions of doing so unless forced to. Topic is HRM. Yawn. But funny part was, fake tod's recites all the theories to us, and then tells us it's all a load of crap and hogwash. Then, he tells us how in exams, we should answer our essays to the point of, "why HRM is rubbish...". HA HA HA.

My Ping Zong dvd arrived, finally. But yeah, true to my impulse-purchase self that demands possession but does not eschew utilization after possession is complete, the dvd remains shrinkwrapped and unopened on my desk as I type this blog. I've already mentioned the Ping Zong novel is still on my desk, still unread at this point. To think of all the trouble and effort I went to procure both. Crabtree candles have also arrived, but now remains untouched and unopened at the corner of my room. I realise, I'm just addicted to the thrill of the chase, and once in hand......ah well, that's like the mentality some playboys have, in chasing women isn't it?

New object of desire!!! Whilst switching between channels when watching Ping Zong on cable today, I chanced upon Channel U when it was airing "Feng Chen San Xia - Hong Fu Nu"! ARRRGHHHH. I havent' paid attention to ChU for ages and I have spied this drama whilst shopping for vcd rentals at the store and have put in on my to-watch list for eventuality. But I didn't realise ChU was airing it! In fact, upon checking mediacorps drama list I realised I missed Chinese Paladin as well!! ARRRRRGHGHGHGHGGHHGHG. I was mesmerized by Hong Fu Nu, and sat my arse down for 2 hrs (instead of doing research for my HRM project!), damn, but it's already the 2nd last week and next week is the final episode. No prizes for guessing, I'm going to have to pick up the vcd from the store.

Addiction. Has a new vicitim.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my god, you have transformed into the mad dvd watcher!! On teh 7th month, you are the pale, white ethereal apparation (from getting a fluroscent tan).. with big black circles around bloodshot eyes, in smelly shorts and T-s that you haven't bothered to wash in days, cuz that would mean wasting valuable TV time!..THE WERE WEN!!... up all night till zombified!.. PLUS i bet your english has deteriorated.. from all that reading of crappy sub-titles!!..

THATS why you sleep like a log these days... do you know, if y ou did a calculation, you would have more HOURS of DVDs to actual days of teh week?.. i.e you could KEEP playing and watching DVD's for teh entire 24h day times 7 and have enought to never need to sleep during this time! AWWWOOOO!!! were wen!!

Labels