Saturday, August 05, 2006

I want to break free!

Singapore has too many people. Just too many. Waaaayyyyy too many. Ventured into Marina square first time since their reno, given that mom and I had a spa appointment nearby. The spa was not too bad, pricey (but we got voucher so no need to pay, ha ha) and I fell asleep. I suspect I was talking in my sleep as I flitted in and out of semi-conciousness, you know, that asleep yet awake phase where you're not exactly asleep and not awake either? Think I was also blowing air bubbles through my lips too, not sure. Or was it a dream? Dunno, really hazy. Gawd, would be so embarressing if I did. Anyway........ thought I'd do a bit of browsing at Marina square. Big mistake of course - the sea of bodies is so overwhelming, the noise and chatter so loud it just woke me from my brief zen revierie from the spa. I could not take it, and it's 5pm in the afternoon, so how come every restaurant and cafe, and fast food joint is crowded to the max??? These singaporeans just eat at all hours??! The new shopping mall has no shortage of food joints but wahlau, just see the queues at macs, bk, etc even restaurants. I got headache. I decided to head home. Walking through Citilink mall, another mistake. More waves of bodies, I feel claustrophobic. Where the heck did all these pple come from???!!! ARRRRGHHH. Same thing, every food, coffee joint, packed with bodies, the underground mall, walking slowed to a near crawl as there were just too many people. I want to break free!! I want to escape from there, my senses could not take this torture. I'm ever more certain now, that I shall simply stick to yoga classes, and makan with yoga friends on weekends. No venturing to raffles, marina or cityhall. Even the cityhall station was packed like crazy. If someone would just sneeze, the rest of us will probably catch the flu too.

Fun events of the day, I scored 2 bong-aws against beefstroganoff. This is a real rare event. Whilst we were in the car, C insisted that Bendemeer street was round the corner at Sim Lim, we made a bet. Guess who lost and had to suffer a pillow smother. Later he tried to avenge himself by betting about the chicken rice stall at purvis. Lost again. Wahahhaha. FWAHAHAHhahahhaha. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHHAH!!!! I was ecstatic, I laughed so evilly and so loudly, it was a bellyful laugh. How extremely satisfying to finally hit him with the pillow. He trapped himself. I was innocent. Yes........the pillow. Ahhhh. FWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA.

Exams over. Yay! Got myself a new chinese series rental as a reward. Heehee.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WAH!! now you know why i HATE crowds!! They are stifiling!Those sweaty bodies...people poking me around...elbows jab me in the tummy!arrgghh!! isn't Singapore becomming similar to Hong Kong? Oh... and i bet i know what happened at the lluap place.... you DROOLED!!!!there must be a wet patch on the pillow!!ewwww!!!

Erm...whats the point of being zen, then stuck in a maddening crowd?Thats not very zen...DO you realise that all the malls in SIngapore are the same?.. with exactly the same repetition of fast food and franchises? BORING!!Me stay at home and chill!! hee hee!!

Anonymous said...

BTW, me not gonna play bong ow with you anymore...boh hua!!..er.. now everyone knows about that game!.. how am i gonna fool a new 'recruit'?!!

EVIL!!!

Labels