Sunday, July 02, 2006

When I was just a little girl......

Was cleaning out my cupboards last night as I had to make space for my ever bulgeoning yoga wardrobe. I came across a stash of photos and albums, oddities of memories long ago from school days primary though poly. WAHHHH!! I was a cute toddler, an ok pre-teen, a damn ugly teenager and mygawdwhatwasithinkingwearingthat poly student. Holy cow, in sec school age I look like my brother now, in poly....eeeuuuuwww, bad dress sense, even worse hairdo. People used to tell me I look like the this taiwanese actor Lin ZhiYing (not really a compliment since he's a he). Sometime in mid 20s I begin to look decidedly better, and now, I'm pretty sure I'm much better looking than in my early days. Thank god.

But these photos do bring fond memories of growing years, and even found a couple of group pics with my good polymates who was the highlight of a recent blog entry on Auntie-dom. Nearly 15 years passed since Sec school, and 10 years since poly, and yes I'm glad I'm still in contact with some of them. Ahh the good ol' days. Too bad I don't have pics and memories of the recent 5 yrs except dog photos, I'm not a big fan of photography, cannot even be bothered to take pics when I go on holidays. As I know of, there's only 2 pics of me and my dude cow together. Hmm. I've 1/2 a mind to post up one of my old pics just to see if you folks can identify me (ha ha ha) but then, I can't really figure out how to do it since the pics are in good ol' kodak paper format. Maybe some scanning has to be involved. Ugh, hazy on the details and even lazier on the actions.

Some zen updates - attended the 2 day workshop with Jason Birch on Prana/Meditation. It's really good stuff, except 30 mins of cross legged cuts off blood supply to my legs and makes me lose sensation. Others felt the same too. Need more practice. And wow, need a lot of practice to get that Nauli going. Time to move on the path of vegetarian-moo. Cows are vegans anyway. Ha ha.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Past cow memories..
YAYA!! i saw one of your sec sch photos.. suffice to say, i would only go as far as POKE you with a stick now and then to make sure you ain't dead!.. hee hee..

I mean you REALLY look like a boy then!!lotsa stuff haven't developed huh?.. late bloomer huh? er.. too much steriods? hee hee now you more lady like, dun practice violence hor..

anyway, most animals look weird when they start growing up.. i remember biz with long legs and short body... so we do blossom in time..

our habbits changed too!.. I bet you were into those colourful wallets made of PVC when you were young.. the ones with the plastic to put photos in... hee hee.. now its TODS and only TODS!..

BTW, PLEASE clean your cupboards!.. people say they have old skeletons in there.. you have DINOSAURS!!

anyway, at least you cleaned up real nice... imagine if you didn't...eeeeee!!! cows run away!!!!

Labels