Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Retail danger

Gosh what warm nites. I perspire even standing still. Makes falling asleep hard too.

Now, what was I gonna whine about today? Oh yeah. Yoga is turning out to be an expensive affair. It must be some sort of criminal conspiracy to set up Pure Yoga at Ngee Ann City. Too much tempation. Last couple of weeks when I went to Pure during weekday nites, the only blah factor was cabs were hard to get going home as the taxi queue was incredibly long (as it always is at Taka). And taxis were slow to come, so I had to make a booking each time, with the fare eventually being $10. Ouch. This week I thought I'd save the taxi cost by MRTing home. Apparently not such a bright idea. The walkway to the MRT is fraught with retail traps; just yesterday I stopped at Watsons and bought some $25 of knick-knacks, not to mention snacks from crystal jade, breadtalk and mos burger. Total damage $30. Today, all I initially wanted was 1 bottle of herbal drink from the taka basement, but...oooh...the sugar cane looks nice (grabs a bottle)...oooh they have the white sugar cake which was a childhood treat my late grandma used to buy (grabs 2 packs)...ooohh the tub of red dates hasma looks nice (grabs a container). Continuing on my way out I pass by Four Leaves....ooohhh might as well get some bread for tomorrow. Total damage $20. At the wisma walkway I spotted a nice indie-style long skirt, look like maybe it could cost $50 but gasp..actual price $75. Lucky I had the good cow sense to steer clear from reaching for my wallet.

Sigh. Think I better stick to calling cabs.

On a good note, I have successfully recruited Yvette and Nicole into the Zen club. They have been influenced by me to take up yoga. Cows go zen. Moo. Fwahahhahaha.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ahh.. so the walk home to the MRT s filled with the booby traps and dangers of the retail merchants! you are just a victim of compulsive buying and advertising!.. and they have done their homework... But i have to admit of being tempted many a time by the same trap in the guise of car accessories and golf products.. hee hee..so i sympathise with you... retail therapy feels good... but sure hurts at the end of the month... cows dun shop!! hee hee!!

patty

Labels