Thursday, July 13, 2006

School's Out Again!

Woohoo!!! End of school week! Yay, of course, culminating in a cold-sweat nerve wrecking group presentation. It was a group of 4 with perspectives as different as north south east and west but still managed to come together with what I think is a job well done. We were the last to present, the unfortunate luck of the draw, but sometimes these things turn out favourably since it gave us time to observe everyone else. Sometimes things are just not what they seem, coursemates who are great researchers and thinkers can crumble like apple pie at the thought of giving a presentation. I surprise myself sometimes, I know I've a latent public speaking skill I seldom put to use, but can be effective and dynamic when called upon at the right moment. And indeed the right moment was tonite, and despite being thrust upon me at last minute I'm proud I carried through. Sense of elation and achievement. Ahhhhh. Ok now, if only I could will myself to speak up more during class, the last course and this one, I hardly mentioned two peeps in class. Sigh. Typical Singaporean. Ok lah, let's work courage towards the next one lor.

School's out! YAY! So err...back to zen and yoga! And of course....CHINSE DRAMA SERIALS. Hee heee heeee. But oops, actually supposed to get started on that assignment which is due in err.....drats, 1 week time. Uh oh, procrastinating bug bit me for sure. Write a case on business informations systems leh, wahlaueh might as well ask me go fly a kite (of which my cow will tell you, I can't do that well either). Too bad plaglarism is not allowed and will be marked down, otherwise I'll just copy someone's assignment. Now, as for this course at school which we just completed this week, I already have my assignment topic in mind. See the difference it makes when one has interest in something? Hmm, maybe I should prepare my final thesis based on Chinese swordfighting series. Wah. Win leow for sure. No no even better still - a thesis on the theory of the Daily Poo Index. Whoa.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wah!!.. so you are good at public speaking!!.. did you wear a short skirt and top?... as i told you before.. us guys dun care about the content.. its the PRESENTATION that counts.. I tell you WHAT is stress... try presenting a design to a new client.. you have only just met and got to convince him to par with millions on your say so... appear too confident and they will say you are arrogant, keep quiet and they say you are too young to know anything.... what to do.. its a cows life!!...

hey, you should have told me how your presentation went.. i asked you and all i got was alright.... you din even mention the topic... wah... dun say i dun try to talk to you hor... and i am not interested in your work....zzzzzzz... oops...

anyway, pat the cow for being a good gal friday!...and giving a good speech!.. thats why cows are good at public speaking we have natural bullhorns (in case you din know, its also an american slang for loud hailer).. which can also be used in case of fire to warn people..

ohh and i dun think the poo index will rate as a classic masterpiece of literary fiction.. you ain't gonna get a poolitser prize!!

Labels