Sunday, July 09, 2006

Case study of what cows have for brains

School this time is a focus on case studies, case studies and more case studies. Little theory, but lots of application in case studies. So err, Cuban missle crisis? Bush administration and the war in Iraq? Err, I really don't know about them because I have no interest in politics. At least I'm familiar with GE and Jack Welch. Phew. There's a group presentation this time and one guy proposed to study Intel, another wanted to use NKF and TT Durai as a leadership example. I know intel sells processor chips, and Durai vs the people in the case of the gold tap, but not much else. Ok if I had to give a presentation in Tod's bags, I win, hands down. Which about sums it up - small trivia, gossips and maybe fashion stuff I'll do well. The bang of the big businesses and the politics of the world, I'll go fly a kite. Was telling C about how we were discussing the Cuban missile crisis in class, and he asked, did we also discuss Watergate and some other thing about squealing (??) pigs? I'm pretty sure I got the part of the pigs wrong, he'll be rolling his eyes and udders when he reads this. Watergate is some scandal of some president and squealing pigs....well, they squeal when you try to butcher them into pork.

Haven't even started on the assignment of the previous subject yet, and it's due in 2 weeks. Die lah. Because the focus is on IT and the company. Me and IT and technology ain't got no karma, as obviously pointed out in previous blogs.

The latest irrational urge of the moment - in my free time I dropped by Popular to see if I could nab a copy of "Ping Zong", the original novel by Liang Yusheng. Wah, not only the drama series is impossible to find at vcd stores here (being a 2003 production), seems the novel itself is proving equally as elusive. I mean, Liang wrote some 36 (I think, or was it 44?) novels, and the store has just about 20+ titles. Of course as with any impulse urge situations, my version of arse luck always presents itself, i.e. things are never there when I want it. No Ping Zong. Can't even find a copy at the Bishan popular (yes impulse was irrational to propel me there). The thing about irrationality and women is, the harder to find, the more we want it. Yet I'm pretty sure the moment I manage to nab it, it will remain unwrapped and unread for days/ weeks/ months somewhere amongst the clutter of my room. Possession is 9/10ths of the law, the other 1/10 is cow brains (which I have little of, as you can see). Om Moo.

No comments:

Labels