Sunday, July 23, 2006

Teacher and Student

Finally tonight I have finished my first mba assignment. All 2,272 words nicely printed out in 12-font Times New Roman. I'm actually quite impressed with myself - can't even remember when was the last time I did a report like this. Probably in my poly days. Hmm, nearly 10 years ago. Wah. Anyway, it's a culmination of 1 week of hardwork, many late nights and stolen daytime hours in the office.

(At this point, the blog is interrupted as my toasty beefpotpie who has just dropped by, spotted 3 spelling and construction errors in the 1st paragraph of my assignment. He's flabergasted. And I'm stupefied). Alamak, gotta re-do and reprint my assignment. So, I guess it'll be a 2,272+3 words assignment after all. (CowpehCowpoo is flaming my assignment as I write).

Back to yoga - I finished a David Swenson weekend. He's a great guy, an extremely hilarious teacher and a wonderfully gifted ashtangi. He is one of those who has the talent of making everything so easy, in ABC, 123. Nearly 100 bodies packed into the studio just to bask in his presence. I even got my book autographed and a photo taken. Heee heee heee.

(Cowpoo has spotted even MORE structural errors at this point). Sigh.

There's a food thief in the house. Yesterday a bun which mom left on the kitchen tabletop mysteriously went missing, and only the alumnium foil was left on the floor. Holly was in the vicinity with her tongue sticking out. And today, when mom came home, apparently a youcharkway was found on the sofa, and the fried butterfly missing. Culprits could not be determined. Hmm, I wonder which of the dogs did it. Holly acts blur and Bis always runs into the crate for cover - he may or may not have done it.

(A prolonged silence from behind me, dare I hope no more errors found?). I hear a snicker.

.......

I hear a perturbed sigh. Should I go over and bash him up? Isn't there a toilet he needs to go to?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lets get some accuracy into this blog.. the 3 spelling and structural errors were found in the first SENTENCE!!! or second.. anyway, the intro was only 3 lines long!!... alamak!!!..No.2 would whip out her red marker pen and 'gone to town'! hmm in retrospect, it was kinda fun being a quasi-teacher.. the power to whip out a red (purple in my case) pen and attack an innocent, nicely printed white paper with shiny black ink.. (with a few smudges).. i bet your bro uses a ink jet printer... SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN A LAZER!!... oo that reminds me...i DO have a spare lazer printer lying around.. perfectly good condition.. maybe still has toner in it left (unless it dried up).. you want?...

Actually, think about the BIG scheme of things...1. the world ain't gonna change cuz of your 2,2700 word essay. 2). no BODY except the fake tods is gonna read it..3. maybe the fake TOD's english is WORSE than yours (my Italian frens have really bad spelling)..4. you have just killed more trees with reprinting the essay..and 5. the old one is only good for lining the doggies balcony.. see how transent and brief an essay has in a students life?.. after its sent in and marked, it ain't worth a dime... so much time, so much effort, for so little to so few... ( a play on winston churchills most fameous of all quotes)..moo

Anonymous said...

If you're using word, doesn't the spelling and structural errors show up with those wiggie lines at the bottom?

me no english cher, don't mark scripts (fortunately) haha.

Labels