Sunday, July 16, 2006

Saturday madness

FINALLY I managed to locate and procure a copy of the much hard to find "Ping Zong" novel, at, of all places, Kino. Surprise surprise why didn't I think of going there earlier? Well given I've been busy with school I haven't an opportunity to pop by town, and also I'd thought Popular would have a better selection of chinese novels. Ah well, guess Kino rulez after all. Yay, saved me a trip down to Bras Basah which was my original intent after yoga.

C and I managed to catch Superman at last, and well, the new Superman guy really quite looks like Christopher Reeve. He's good looking as the man in tights, and dorky enough when he puts his glasses on. But wah, a pair of glasses as a disguise is so foolproof that NO ONE can recognize him as the guywhowearshisundiesoutside??? Not even the spunky and smart Lois Lane??? She should have written an article titled, "Why Spectacles are a Good Disguise". The movie plot was quite blah, it's a sappy romance story with the typical hero saves the day. Nothing spectacular which is a bit disappointing. And aiyoh, the actress who was casted as LL....well, I thought they could do better. She's so...blah. And why would they write a son into the story? That really spoils it. It's like fast track to the spiralling downwards of any future Superman movies. Just like X-men was great until the last installment. Alamak. Who would I like to see as LL? Nicole Kidman for one, but she already did Batman, so folks would get confused. My fav character in the show is probably the carnivorous pomeranian. I hate poms, but whoa, that one that ate it's buddy is cool. It's like, I love you, but I'm hungry. CHOMP.

As I had to miss the tv run of Ping Zong so that C and I could watch Superman, I was determined to catch the repeat on Sunday morning at 6am. Got back from the movie nearly midnight and I didnt' sleep till nearly 2am as my mind was still abuzz from the movie. I had set my alarm for 5.55am, but I still woke every hour between 2 to 5am to check the clock to be sure I didn't oversleep. I didn't trust the alarm, so I just had to be sure. This is the extent of my wuxia-mania chinese drama craze for the moment.

Assignment due in 1 week, still no pen to paper or words to document. Dying dying ....

Parting shot of the day - C asked me, "Do you know where Algeria is?", I ventured a tentative "It's in Europe......". If his eyeballs could move to the back of his head I swore they would, C could only sigh and shake his head pityingly. I tried again, "Err...middle east?". I heard a snort. Okay. How about Eastern Europe? Slavic countries? Another snort and then a dramatic sigh. "It's in the African continent.." he said with much resignation. Near the border of France. I'm incredulous, but then, after having left sec school for over 15 yrs, I'm not surprised my geog sux. I gotta keep up with the Discovery Channels. But aiyah, chinese dramas more compelling mah. I bet if I asked C where mt. Wudang is he would have absolutely no clue. He'd probably point to the the deserts of the Sahara. Ha ha.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wah lau!.. a name like Wudang MUST be in China LAH!!!and since you said mountain... it must be in the muntaneous regions to the north..and since its in your martial arts series, i bet it is some sort of sacred taoist mountain/ temple/ shrine complex...(did i guess correctly?).. BUT the problem with Algeria was how can you discuss the head-butting of Zidane without going into the background as to why the comments from the iTalians were offensive in the first place! like Duh! He is from Algeria.. withich is in Africa.. so they call him a french nigger.. so you get a head butt for that... wahh!! i wanted to really head butt you boy! typical singaporean .. one dimensional.. you should look at the big picture!!.. dun be like supes... If i had super powers, i won't just hand around matropolis!! i would save damsels in distress all around the world!! plus X-ray vision sure is a kick!!!.. Hmm how come supes din know he fathered Loui's kiddo?.. i mean they act all paiseh and shy etc..COME ON MAN!! they obvously HAD to have sex!!.. super sperm or not!!!... unless of course superman was SUPER FAST and with a super tiny er.. appendage!!talk about super premature ejec... nevermind.. perhaps he comes super fast.. like i said before.. he can rip off his clothes to teh supe suit.. but did anyone see where he hides the bottle of hair gel that he uses to make that gay fringe curl?... SUPER JUST LIKE THERE'S SOMTHING ABOUT MARY!!'.. way to go supes!! now wait for the super alamony from Lane! (if i remember, in the last movie, all he did with lane was fly around.. ditto this one... so does that mean she is expecting again!! SUPER DATE RAPE SUPERMAN!!!...).. i stick with bat man.. at least he gay...man, what are super heros becomming.. super bad example for kids!! or perhaps this explains why he has to wear his undies on the OUTSIDE!!!

Labels