Saturday, September 13, 2008

Devil shopper

A female shopaholic is like a demon possessed. Or is it obsessed? How many pairs of shoes does a woman need? Apparently, shoes always not enough. There are never enough pairs of shoes (or enough clothes no matter how frequently I buy these days). Just couple of days back I spent 1.5 hrs dressing myself because "there's nothing to wear", I bemoaned. I have a thomas sabo charm hanging off my handphone which screams SHOPPING VICTIM. Actually they might as well make it SHOPPING DEMON. Today, oh today, I am the very proud (and very broke) owner of one Shanghai Tang bangle, another pair of (Marc Jacobs) shoes, and ....how many trench dresses does a girl need? Dunno, but at least 3 I guess. And a few more new articles of clothing. The $$$ damage? Don't even want to count. It's more fingers and toes than I (and my dogs) have.

And the most ironic thing - I STILL prefer to hang out on weekends, and often do, in my yoga attire, or shorts and t-shirt. Very unglam, very auntie, very singaporean with no style.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

ya you know what i dun understand??..where do women KEEP all those stuff?.. especially when most women keep the original boxes as well!! so its like a kinda STORE!!!... i guess thats where i get all my business from!!.. you should see the size of the walk in wardrobes i do now!!

and the opposite are guys.. who have one pair of good shoes which we wear everyday!!.. or our fav underwear.. maybe more often than gals realise!! hee hee.. the army style.. back to front and flip outside and back to front again!! hee hee...Scent of a man?.... pooeeyyy!! hee hee...(me no metro sexual guy)

Labels