Saturday, August 30, 2008

Things we do for $14

Biscuit's license renewal letter had come earlier in Jan, but somehow walked away before I found time to pay the bill. Nevermind, I'll be a little less anal and more cool I thought, a reminder letter will come. well it never did, but a $100 fine from the AVA did find its way to my door. Nevermind, I'll be cool and just write a letter of appeal, feign ignorance and send a cheque for $14. Another AVA letter came - prove to us that he is neutered it says. Umm, duh. Dear AVA, do you even check your database, i did send you the original sterilization cert you know? nevermind, I'll be cool, I'll just call the vet and have them send over another copy. All hassle came and went, and Bis is finally 'legalized' for another year. In retrospect, I should have just gone to AVA when the renewal was due to pay the $14, it would have been so much simpler. But I thought being a little less anal and just chill, as C would have done, would be a nice change. But frankly, the total exchange of 4 letters between AVA and myself, and the vet, just to prove Bis' eunuch status and get him legalized, is too much effort. Next year, I'll be sure to pay the $14 on time. Been there, done that, not worth the hassle.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Poor Biz,
Imagine having a certificate to proof that you are less of a doggie... i guess a quick look underneath will suffice...BUT for accuracy, why dun the Vets just POST the offending bits to the AVA.. hee hee.. for a 100% proof!!.. and have you wondered what happens to the odd bits of doggie that the vets snip?... EVER WONDER why Kuay Chap in SIngapore taste so good?.... THINK ABOUT IT!!

Labels