Sunday, August 03, 2008

Books R' Us

These 30% coupons that Borders sends out from time to time are sure to incite a mass descent of eager beavers ready for massive book bargains to the store. You think baskets are only used at supermarkets for carrying groceries? Some of us bargain hunters pile up books in baskets like cheap groceries. Of course, i don't really actually NEED any of these books, but I can't help being drawn to the beauty of them like a moth to flame. My latest succumb to temptation - 3 new cookbooks and 4 novels. Am I going to read the novels - most probably yeah, am I going to use the cookbooks? Probably not since I've gone pesco vegetarian. But being a veggie-ian doesn't stop me from loving food, and admiring pictures and dreaming of whipping up a storm in my future dream kitchen. My most prized acquisition today: Piri Piri Starfish by Tessa Kiros. Being the proud own 3 other of Kiros' cookbooks, her recipes and stories are a beautiful journey of her life's work in the joy of cooking. The recipes are true to form, I was never let down for each of those that I've tried out. Yum. Can a cookbook lover get any more deliriously happier than that?The other 2 that joined my cookbook collection today: Padma Laksmi's Tangy Tart Hot & Sweet, and Nguyen's stunningly beautiful Secrets of the Red Lantern, a very seductive exploration of the recipes of Vietnam.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I dun care whats it called!! give it to me and it'll all be the same in my TUMMY!!! Why read about food.. can words best describe taste, texture and other tactile nauences?.. Food is to be experienced by EATING!!! so grab your 1000's of cookbooks and GIMMIE something to eat!! cows are HUNGRY!!!we.. MADDD!!! mooooo

Labels