Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Vaporub Urban Legend

The nasty persistent cough has been plaguing me for days, and I have barely slept in 3 days. Modern cough mixtures are totally useless - I knew that from years ago, but I braved myself again to put faith on Robitussin. Of course, faith was misplaced, it's totally pointless. I don't know why doctors and manufacturers can't figure out by now this stuff is crap. Now, researching on the web I came across an interesting "cure" which promotes the use of Vicks Vaporub on the feet as an effective way to suppress and manage coughs at night and to enable a sound nights sleep. Ok sounds kooky, but if modern researched tried and tested cough mixtures don't work, nothing wrong with giving the urban legend a try and see if it does. Just so my expensive monthly facials don't go to waste cuz I'm starting to look like an old hag by now.

On a side note, if anyone wants to feel their oblique muscles and can't get to the gym enough to work out their 6-pack, try developing a persistent cough. The spasms from intense coughing is strong enough to squeeze the abs area to tight one can actually feel the oblique muscles by just placing hands above the waist. Whoa.

No comments:

Labels