Sunday, July 13, 2008

Fish Tales

C went fishing and brought me 2 very beautifully fresh fish. One small and one really big, he jokingly named them Wen and Con. Well, "wen" fish became my lunch today, teochew-style. It's been awhile since I've been really in the kitchen cooking (though most recently the lemon roast chicken and german hot potato for gatherings), I do miss the kitchen. The joy of cooking is truly food for the soul. Now I must pat myself on the back for my brilliance, teochew style is only something I've eaten outside, not made at home (usually we do the hk or canto-style), but I was able to replicate it very nicely sans salted veg. But damn it's good.

On a separate topic, now that I have a cure for coughs at night, I'm looking for a home remedy for pretty nasty phlegm. I found a pretty interesting phlegm remedy at a blog called Audrey Cooks, and my my, she's also an avid cook and foodie. What joy for me, especiallly when I notice Nigella and Jamie Oliver is on her fav list.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

er.. normally, i would have been impressed withe your blog...er.. if you notice under the 'labels' column.. it states simply...fish, phlegm, teochew... nuff said... i dun even wanna think about it... RIP fishie.. by the way... i gave you the smallest ones...cuz i know its only you eating.. !! hee hee... wanna see the whole catch??

Labels