Sunday, July 20, 2008

CelebriTea Break

This is a chinese variety show hosted by Guo Liang and Quan Yifeng which I came across while channel surfing. The interviewee was actor Tay Ping Hui. While generally I do not have any opinion of local media artistes since I stopped watching local shows eons ago, the interview with Tay left me with the conclusion that he's quite an arrogant character and comes across as a real jerk in some parts especially with the over the top machoism. Though I must say, the show is pretty good and excellent choice of hosts as both GL and QYF are straight talking, candid people who are able to guide the conversations quite deftly yet no afraid to dig under the skin. Something like Oprah singapore style. One thing did strike me was when they discussed the topic of love. GL and QYF both made the point that they are people who believe in loving passionately, crazily and total immersion of oneself into the relationship and feeling. Very gutsy people, and very admirable. Very like their straightforward characters. No beating about the bush type. If I could turn back time, I would like to be like them too.

The TPH interview episode can be found here thanks to a great link at tudou.com.

No comments:

Labels