Saturday, July 05, 2008

Exasperation

Recently C happily announced, "I've got pressies for you!". Oh man, I'm so excited, I hold out my hand, and voila, I look down at a black box. No no it's not a diamond ring. But its the diamond of all ipods, the Ipod Touch. I was speechless. After all, if you had read my earlier post sometime back about Pinky the ill-fated ipod which went missing soon after misguided handling, and the entire incredulous journey of the OS upgrade....ah well, I had rather sternly reminded and insisted to C, "do not get me another ipod again. Do not. Do not", I drone. The chap has been buying me ipods of every generation for years, I mean, how many ipods do I need? One. Just one ok. Buy me Tiffany or Swarokvski instead can?

Ok so back to the new Touch. Use it now, he insists. I decline, since it looks rather nice mint condition in shrink wrap. Of course the next day I bring it out with me, but duh, it doesn't work because it hasn't been charged. Ok, nevermind, I'll charge it in the office. But duh, my office PC doesn't have iTunes installed. So ok, nevermind, just download iTunes. But duh, office PC OS does not support latest iTunes. You can see where this is going? My luck with technology and electronics sucks. And it's been sucking a long time. Anyway, skip a few chapters ahead. C was checking out my new toy proudly when:

Me: So why doesn't it have camera functions?
C: because it doesn't.
Me: So it can store photos but not take photos. So it means i have to take photos, download it to PC, and upload it to Scandal? (name of the Touch).
C: err. Yeah. (Long silence). Err, this iTouch is pretty useless isn't it?
Me: (rolls eyes).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

zzAt least its not an ipod!! See i listened!!.. hmm now here is a device in need of a branding change.. call it.. I MOLEST!!! hee hee...plus put a little 'nipple' there aka the sony Ericcsson!!.. guys would gladly improve their TWEAKING skills!! women would benefit!! perverts would get their jollies in... and all is happy!!

Labels