Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Spring at Christmas...and a happy Holly Day

By 'spring' I mean spring cleaning. I woke up and all geared and ready to go to yoga on Christmas day. But hmm, since I was going to cook the xmas meal I wanted to make sure I had all necessary ingredients stocked at home. Took a look into the cupboards, boyo, what a mess, I'll just clean it up. And that - cleaning the kitchen cupboards (or rather, the inside of) took a good 3 hrs. Bye bye any further thoughts of yoga. A couple of dead dried up cockroaches in dark cabinets does not a zen experience make. Bye bye expired goods. Bye bye old dirty cutlery and utensils not uses. Bags and bags of trash. Got tired enough at noon to take a break and cook an impromptu tuna pasta lunch (recipe called for olives and parsley which I did not have), but it wasn't too bad. On with the cleaning post lunch, this time to make space in my room cupboards for the 3 new bags I accumulated during the month. Bye bye secondary school and poly textbooks, and old ye faithful dictionary that served me during my teen days. All had to go to make space for bags bags and bags. Total cleaning time, about 6hrs on Xmas day. Apparently I'm not the only one spring cleaning - whilst unloading my trash downstairs seems like everyone in the block had the same idea. :P

Xmas dinner of moussaka, pomegranate rocket salad, pea n potato mash, carrot-tomato soup was a success. All save the soup were first time attempts, all were recipes from Tessa Kiros' book. Well worth the $80 investment, hers is the best cookbook I've invested in so far. Yay.

Unwrapped conCow's xmas pressie for me, turned out to be an iLuv, a cute radio-like docking portable docking station for my ipods. Ipod(s) with an 's' because I got another iPod from him for an xmas pressie, bringing the pod family to a total of 3. Well ok, there's also a new 40gig hdd aptly named Boogie so I could store my iTunes in it. My mac has run out of space. Whoa.

What did I buy conChristmasCow this jolly season? Let's see - oh yeah, an orange Cowculator. Heeheeeheee. It's so giant even the severely myopic would have no problems using it. ha ha ha.

Oh yeah, Happy Holly-day. It's Holly's birthday. Happy 2nd birthday to Holly. She and Bis got a share of the xmas meal (which one of them exploded all over the corridoor this morning as I soon found), and of course a candle on a slice of xmas fruitcake. I don't think she really knows it's a special day and couldn't care less, as long as she's got food in her bowl, she's like Oh Yeah, give it to me dude.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

See!! you had a great christmas haul after all!! you scrooge!! oh, the chirstmas dinner was really nice...er.. i din like the pomegranet salad...(what ever happened to simple thousand island).. As for holly's birthday.. luckly we blew the candles out or the doggie garbage bin would have eaten it all.. plate too if we dun stop her!!... but funny how she stays slim whilst biz looks pudgy.. the lucky gal!..

Oh and your orange calculator is really fun to use.. and no problems finding it, it can never get lost!!..As for your cookbooks, i guess men and women cook differently, gals follow reciepies to teh letter... guys are too lazy so they just hum tam!!... so the tastes are stronger for guy chiefs!..

Hey, you cleaned your cupboards meh??? Looks like no diff to me!!! wah you must have some really scary stuff in there.. like old report cards, etc...er... any old uniforms?

Moooooo!!

Labels