Thursday, December 21, 2006

The Illusion of Money

Money buys happiness. Except, if there's no money, then there's no happiness. Which is really the problematic theme of the past 2 days, when a conversation with YP as she was giving me a ride to work struck me right the face. I DON'T HAVE A 13 MONTH BONUS. Holy cow. The realisation felt as if a cow just hoofed me in the head and then knocked the wind off my sails. So I've been happily spending $$ jollying myself thinking my bank account was a little plump. Obviously, now it's going to be much leaner; maybe I should even apply for the equivalent of a third-world-shopper aid fund. I briefly wonder if it's too late to return my shopping to Hogan and Colette and get a refund. Owwww.

I am getting old. Memory is getting poor obviously. Of course, really it's time to cut up those credit cards. Evil banks laying a trap. Did I mention I got a new wallet from Colette? Damn thing is so heavy once I load it up with cards and stuff, I could knock someone into a coma with it if ever I choose to. It weigh like a whole can of beans. No kidding.

Tis the season to be jolly except neither Santa nor anyone has been generous to me. I'm the only one generous to myself. I blithely realise all these years, I've been spending money on presents for people but I hardly get presents from these same people with the exception of YP. Perhaps it's time to cut them off. Bro even had the gall to suggest that I ought to give him presents every birthday since I'm the elder and earn more moolahs than him. I don't ever remember him giving me a present. Selfish prick. As for mom, well, the prodigal son still spends her money. Whilst she sometimes nags about it, she still pays the bills nonetheless. Man, that's such unfair treatment. I haven't spent my mom's money since I started work. Except for the ang pow money she gives me every CNY and birthday of course.

Argh. The more I think about it the more it gets up my back.

OM pissed cow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There thesed cow, tis the season to be joplly and its better to give than to recieve... actually, if you notice, these 'jingles' could very well come from the Singapore tourist promotion board and our friendly government, expouting how you should percievebally be joyous regardless of your current situation and finances and instead send and give MORE to stimulate economic growth in the retail sector as well as for nice credit card companys to make a tidy profit on your accumulated interest!! Tis a trap that they set!! esp with Hogan or Tods or Whatver!! Zen cows beware!!

But honestly, you have been a good cow and rationing yourself.. slick has complained of not having a new home too.. so... you... DESERVE to pamper yourself a bit!! pat pat

ooo... luckly, i gave zen cow more pressies this year!!! Me also no Moooooolah!

Labels