Friday, December 22, 2006

Almost Jolly

Xmas is getting near, only a few days away. I had volunteered myself to cook an Xmas dinner. Well it's going to be my first cookout in a long time, and I've got all those brand new cookbooks. So why not? Already planned to go to the market early tomorrow to get some fresh produce. And food for my dogs of course.

YP treated me to lunch today. Verdict - Imperial Treasures very good. Better than Crystal Jade. It's teochew cuisine, and several firsts for me today - teochew dumpling (very good), beancurd skin in soup (really very good), and the elusive pig's stomach soup that is hard to find at high end restaurants which turned out to be as good as a good hawker version. The surprising winner of course, is the Oh Nee (yam paste). I usually do not enjoy yam paste dessert since it's thick, starchy, gluey and oily. But gawd, Imperial treasure's version is incredibly smooth, light, and just exactly right on with the sweetness level. Definitely worth going back. Four thumbs up.

Lenny was hanging out with us today of course, and watching him, it's really hard to eat a meal in peace even though there's two of us adults. Both of us got our eyes on the boy either restraining him, or having to entertain him to avoid any nuisance mischief. Can just imagine if YP were to have another kid, and then the situation of 1 baby + 1 toddler driving her nuts whilst she tries to get shopping done or even have a meal. That's it, I'm staying away from the baby situation. I'll just hire nannies. It's the old english tradition anyway, nannies and governesses just take over after the baby is delivered. Life back to normal for the mommy. In fact, I'll just stick to dogs. At least I can chuck them into the playpen during extreme situations of punishment. And I definitely don't have to take them shopping or to a restaurant. Yay.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

2 gals and a baby!

HAHA!!! i imagined how you coudl eat yam paste... LENNY would have thought that its his own baby food!!...er.. you gals are strange.. ordering food that you can find at a hawker center for a percentage of the price just to give 4 thumbs (er.. thats a lot.. i tot pple only had a thumb on each finger)..to a soup which you are amazed can cook as well as a hawker ah pek!!!... gee women!!

I wonder if lenny had any fun?!! The best solution is to TIE biz and holly to lenny and have them self entertain!! so whats a few bruises and scratches?.. it buildis character!!

Labels