Sunday, November 26, 2006

Oww my achy (BBQ) bones

I have gone too long without yoga, and probably even before that, too many weeks of gentle classes. My body is stiff in places today like a wound up toy. I mean, even bending forward I could feel my legs trembling and my hammies seemed to stll be dead asleep.. Took a hatha 1 class for 60 mins and that was it for me, I chose the coward's way out and decided to chew my avocado wrap at Toast rather than take another class. Wimp I am. Saw Stephen T at toast though, and contemplated briefly to go over and say hi, but thought better of it since I wasn't feeling uber friendly nor was I feeling conversational. I always got the impression that Stephen T is a somewhat intimidating and proud fella anyway.

BBQ at my boss' boss' place tonite. My contribution was a couscous salad from Tessa Kiros' Cloudberries book, and a thai pomelo salad which I had done before. The pomelo salad was ok, but there must be a whole lot more of ingredients that go into the restaurant version because those at the thai (in bkk) restaurants are so so so good. The couscous salad was a surprise - I'm not a fan of couscous but I could not find a pasta recipe and this was the next best choice. First time trying the recipe and it was an instant winner. I knew I made the right decision to buy the recipe book despite it's $80 price tag. Of course, the thing about BBQ's are that there's always too much food. The pomelo salad had more than 1/2 left by the time we ended the party, and unfortunately I witnessed it's sad demise into the trashbag. I spent more than 1 hr peeling the pomelos and was truly sad to see it go. Next time for a party of 20, I'll just use 1 pomelo.

Achy bones. Murphy's law says that all the spa slots for massages would be taken up and unavailable when you need it. Yeah Murphy's right. Wish bis or holly could step on my back for me now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If biz and holly stepped on your back, all you would have are tiny balck paw prints.. me on teh other hand....er.. your back would be in many pieces!... hee hee...

Wah pomelo....er.. its sour right?.. me dun like.. pat pat.. sad to see your work go into a bin hor... next time...bring ICE cream!! less work and it goes down the drain instead!!! hee hee!

So you finally used a book or rather read a book you bought! hurray!!.. any interesting things you want me to sample????!!!.. i volunteer, as long as its not veg and NOT WHITE BEAN!!!.. hee hee. . you will NEVER live it down.. but then again, the benefit of owning a holly is that she will finish ANYTHING, so all won't be going to waste!!

now biz is like me a true connuisseur...but i eat in volume too!! hee hee...

Anyway, bet the salad was better than crystal jade...

Labels