Friday, November 10, 2006

Death by Italian

Maybe because I'm semi-vegetarian zen diet too long. I haven't overeaten in a long time. In fact, in eons. In fact, I don't think I overate at all - 1 tiny piece of escargot the size of a 20c coin, one piece of buffalo mozzarella 1 inc thick, 1 bowl of pumpkin broth (that thing cannot be qualified as a cream SOUP), 1 scampi/2 scallops/2 peeled prawns/1 sliver of fish so thin it's not even 0.5cm thick. 2 tablespoons of dessert - maybe 1/4 panna cotta, 1/6 dark choc valhorna, 1/6 creme brulee. Something like that. But by the time I was stuggling to down my last bit of prawn, I already felt like my tummy was about to explode. You know, the feeling of food being 'stuck' somewhere under the sternum, at the ribcage. It's a damn uncomfortable nearly I'm-gonna-throw-up feeling. Almost felt like I was dying a slow suffocating death. If someone came over and elbowed me in the ribs, I'm sure a goner.

Anyway, Garibaldi is as I expected - overpriced, overrated, over -pretentious. Ours was the only table that did not order wine, and I guess that was why we were somewhat snubbed, despite the $600 food bill for 6 of us. Not that we're a bunch of clerical staff having a big nite out, mind you. Our table was mostly a bunch of high-powered earners (save for me of course), but then, looking around, tables around us were groups of even higher-powered earners. The other diners practically reeked of fashion, big banking money and high powered types. Just look at all their coiffed hairdo and big thick pearls. Anyway, no thank you, Garibaldi will be my first (actually 2nd) and last time. I'll take my $$ elswhere....to Valentino's. Gimme Valentino's anytime.

School tomorrow. Cows go Marketing - i.e they teach us the fine art of going to tekka market and bargain 30 cents of ikan bilis to the impossibly cheap price 10 cents? Whoooieee!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You went there 2x!!! wah!! i din know.. i have yet to go....fume... food good?.. if its so potent to killl you with tiny morsels... must be the LARD!! haha!!..

Yup, i know the exploding feeling.... esp when you canoe.. you just wanna roll over and die... or kena force to eat more cake, cuz its only light! haha!!..

instead of marketing, prefer threats and hostile takeovers... much easier to decide where the spoils go...

Cows dun market, they eat everything!!

Labels