Saturday, September 30, 2006

Journey back to Zen

It's been awhile since I've blogged about my yoga practice, guess as all things in life goes, it just becomes a part of one's routine, and stagnants until something inspiring (or otherwise) changes it. My yoga practice has been stagnant awhile - you know, reaching a part in the curve that says "diminishing marginal returns" or something (drats, econs class starts tomorrow), Anyway, the practiced has sorta flattened out, and haven't been able to make any significant breakthroughs in awhile. Maybe it's cuz I'm practicising under various teachers, and things tend to go a bit haywire vs a dedicated practice under 1 teacher. I like Viv, just too bad at sham it's pay per class, otherwise at Pure, hardly anyone can help me move along my practice like Viv can.

Finishing an advanced workshop with Stephen Thomas from the Pure HK studio tonite, reminded me how pure and how beautiful the practice is. He's 41, and certainly looks and has the body of a person 10 yrs younger, and has a beautiful practice. It seems different from the class he taught when Pure first opened in SG, more ashtanga and less hatha, but today is hatha at the heart and the core of the soul. Groove yoga class, he calls it. Hatha and movement to the flow of groove music. With the intense energy levels of all the students in class, the journey of the inner self becomes much more open, much more aware. Just really disappointed I have to give the entire 12 hr weekend workshop a miss, if tonite's class is a good opener to what lies ahead, I bet the workshop is going to be smashing. But it's back to school to Econs tomorrow, and Econs is not a subject I can smoke despite having earned a bachelor's degree in economics - hey, that's a thing of the past, and now I can barely differentiate marginal utilities and marginal costs and whatever those curvy curves are supposed to represent. Yucks. I used to love econs, that's cuz I had a great teacher. But then it all fizzled out with subsequent econs teachers. Guess the same applies to yoga. But tonite I found my peace, the beauty and the quietness of the practice. No tension, no holding breaths, just being there and letting go.

Om Shanti Shanti Shanti.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wah!!! all that youga!! and your butty like tofu... So maybe you should ask the Guru for some advanced lessons! hee hee!... hmmm do you think Biz could do with some yoga?.. he seems rather perturbed and not centered these days... poor boy.. over stressed... he can do downward dog very well tho!!...

Wah! i din know your first degree was in Econs.. i thought you were a Biz Ed major! so now you have NO excuse for not understanding the lectures and seminars for your MBA!!... cows act dumb!!

so how is your crater doing?..
eh one on my tongue is dissappearing, but seems to have a sympathy one in my upper gum now...sigh... cows need to drink more water!!

Labels