Monday, November 17, 2008

More and more....flabbery

We often wish for more. In today's society, the concept of MORE is better (except more work, more stress). So back at ulu Jurong when with my ex-company for 3 yrs I bemoaned the sore lack of eating choices. Whatever was available was so bad, we didn't eat much anyway. One would call this a natural diet I suppose. So I wished and wished for more choices, that one day I would come back to civilisation (having been spoiled rotten being located at beach road for 7 years) and encounter food heaven once more. And so it did, as The One Up There must have heard my silent pleas, sent me to HarbourFront. Other than Beach road, Suntec or Raffles place, there isn't another giant area with so much to eat and so many choices. Of course Heaven does come with a price --> an expanding waistline. Indulging in snacks in mid morning and afternoon, and anytime in between just because food places are so convenient (not to mention an extremely well-stocked and impressive pantry) put some weight on me within a month. We can be in denial, but even denial is hard to sustain when one's brand new pants worn for the first time, becomes hard to button that a "sucking in" of the offending areas is needed. Not to mention a very uncomfortable butt-flossing sensation each step walked that I have to constantly remember to 'suck in' at all times in order to create some breathing space. Uh huh. Macdonald's came up with a new double (or triple?) big mac, I'm sure they must have been inspired by the triple or more layer of flab resembling patties of my belly.

Houston, we have a problem.

Maybe it's time to join a belly dancing troupe. My only consolation of course, is C's belly is still bigger than mine. ha ha.

2 comments:

casiewbao said...

tht is exactli wht happened to me, 8 wks in hk, if i m nt eating, i m shopping... a shrinking wallet couple w an expanding wristline... nt a pretty sight

Anonymous said...

i have lots bigger than you hor... er... maybe even breasts now.. hee hee!!... BTW, i have also discovered a new burger!.. its a Quadruple Patty, Quad Cheese WHopper with extra bacon, Mushroom sauce and onion!! even the manage had to come out and take a look.... She actually remarked at the great combination and thought that no one would order it!!hmm glad you are earning more cuz wih all that shopping and food, you gonna be spending even more!! haha!... anyway..as they say, more to love!!

Labels