Sunday, February 25, 2007

Just a regular weekend

This is the first normal weekend I've had in a long time. As in, go for yoga, go to the spa, get my hair done, lunch with kakis etc. It has been so many weeks of abnormal, it's such a relief to be normal again. But then, sitting here on sunday night blogging, and later having to 'work', well that puts a spin on things, but at least the weekend has been mostly normal. I finally had time for a haircut, it's looking long, messy and very auntie-like. Finally I had time to spare at the salon - a good 3 hrs though 1hr was an unecessary wait. My mood was almost black, but I managed to convince myself to stay cheery; no point being angry when I've been angry for a good 2 months already. Yesterday, my hair was pretty again, having been washed, blown straight and treated to a bouncing, light softness. Man, this guy can really cut hair, in 15 mins, snip snip snip and 1/3 of my hair on the floor, and still it looked like he didn't snip anything away, but wah, my hair looked like the nice rebonded image of before. He was able to reduce volume but retain shape. Very nice. until this morning when the natural curls came back, but still, very neat. For $100, it's good stuff. Except the wait.

Veron's baby popped earlier than usual. The big hooha was how it was a boy when everyone including the OB was confident of a girl. There goes all the pink clothing we bought. This little fella sure is very cute, and very un-fussed. His gaze has the all-knowing wise look. Sorta like bis. And a very calm temperament. He merely observes us, and fusses very little. I like babies like that, in fact V's other son is very well behaved and charming little kid. That reminds me of Lenny, who on the other hand, who wails like a female in distress. Maybe he aims to be an opera singer. That guy takes advantage of his doting mom, who unfortunately is too indulgent for his and her own good. Spare the rod and spoil the child. Reminds me of whenever she complains her mom spoils her brothers. Maybe these things run in the family. Me, I'll just stick to dogs.

No comments:

Labels