Sunday, February 18, 2007

Another Chapter

It was a hard week as usual - work, work, more work. But somehow maybe I got tired of being stressed, frustrated, and irritated, my mood was just 'take it easy' the whole week. Most of it anyway. I guess one is only down when one let's the mood put you down. What the heck, I've been irritated and annoyed for a good 2 months. Time to just go back to being zen. Speaking of which, yoga practice took a backseat some 150km away....practice has now dwindled to 1x per week (sometimes even none). Eeeow. I see my flabby arms, and thigh quickly making their dimpled appearance. I even begin to look a little pasty white. Alamak.

Week ended with the culmination of the dreaded F&A exam at 12noon yesterday. F&A is like the dreaded enemy. Accounting wasn't so bad, but Finance.....gawd, I swear, these pple are too, way too, too obssessed with $$$$ and making more of it. Pple like me who don't obsess with $$, and don't really keep track of $$ in our bank acct (which often explains why one overspends more than one earns, and savings hasn't increased in the last 5 yrs), well, I guess we suck at Finance. Return on Investment? Dude, ROI to me is, buy tod's bags and shoes, just need to use them more frequently to get the "ROI". It's not some goddamn ratio these Finance pple are so obsessed about? Capital structure? Err....I don't think they mean the White House building in Washington DC (wait, is the White house even IN washington dc????). There's also something about a beta. Major blank. Err, the only beta I know is the betta fish. I don't suppose the betta fish is a measure of how sensitive that fish is to market movements. Duh duh duh. One thing for sure - I won't be taking the class in Corporate Finance. Sucked in this course in poly, sucked during Uni, and will continue to suck at it in my MBA.

Gong Xi Fa Cai - Happy Chinese New Year today. Lots of goodies scattered all over the kitchen, the table, and the living room. As usual we're just going to slob our way to fatty prosperity. My dogs wouldn't mind I'm sure.

No comments:

Labels