Saturday, February 03, 2007

The Flabby Bits

Biscuit has a waddle. And a paunch. A waddle, according to the character Richard in Ally McBeal, is that bit of loose flabby skin at the neck under the chin. Think Turkey. As I watched my dogs gulp greedily at the carrot cake in honour of my birthday, I noticed how Bis from neck up resembles a turkey. C and I share a resigned sigh, recognizing that his 'streamlined' body ain't so aerodynamically streamlined anymore. Paunch where a deep chest should be, and flabby skin hanging where ribs should be showing. Aiiieeee. Middle age crisis mode.

It was a good birthday, a great one. Started by rotting with dvds at the couch, and then brunch at Choupinette (irony, since I realised last year we ordered Chopinette take-out at my office to celebrate my bday too), a movie (Babel. Which I made no heads nor tails of, and was extremely tedious save for the grand lovely plush seats that cost a cheap cheap $15 for 2). A picnic at the park, and wrapped up with a round of drinks with my colleagues till midnite, when the clock officially declared me a happy belated birthday. Not to mention numerous birthday greeting sms-es, some from unexpected people. Even dad gave me a call (surprise!). Yeah it was a good one. I have a great bf, great kids (no comments at this point about their poor toilet habits however) and great friends and colleagues. Happy birthday to me.

OM happy cow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sigh.. we are all getting a bit flabby!!... we did eat a lot of munchies and snaks on your bday!.. and erm.. maybe not you, but i think i have more fats than the combined weight of slick!!hee hee.. so me dun knoch hs MAN fats!!!...

I guess its all due to his stress... cuz poor slick has a hard life... he gets stressed from holly... poor dude... no wonder he gets fat...er.. also cuz you lopped off his favourate bits... so its kinda YOUR fault!!!

think about it!! now slick on the otehr hand is really happy cuz he is devious!!... hee hee

Labels