Friday, June 26, 2009

Kids R' Us

My office came up with a great idea on employees bringing their kids to work. Great idea. Except, don't get me involved, and kids please don't get it my way. Except somehow I got roped into the organizing committee (these things happen when reciprocal favours are involved). If the prospect of having to supervise 50 screaming kids between the ages of 2 - 16 is not scary enough, then the prospect of having to supervise 50 screaming kids, of which half of them have an opinion of some sort, is enough to send chills down my spine. Must be all those additive vitamins and supplements in some branded milk powder, but when kids of 3 and 4 ages start to have an opinion and TELL YOU WHAT TO DO, then it's Houston, we have a problem.

This re-affirms several things I already know of myself:

1. I rather have dogs
2. At least my dogs don't talk back. They have some opinion but I can ignore them.
3. If I want kids, I'll just borrow some. There's plenty around especially from my friends. ha ha.
4. I rather fight a fire or tackle an impossible situation at work, than to supervise 50 screaming kids.
5. Ditto #4, I rather face the firing squad.

And YP's girl turns 1 today, birthday party means more kids. Ok at least they weren't screaming.

It's been a long long day.

3 comments:

casiewbao said...

so u wanna borrow some? i hv two:)

Lysithea said...

karma. So u don't have any, you'll be forced to take care of more. haha. Just stuff them with ur kraft snacks and put them in a room to watch cartoons. How come still have to organise one ah. so troublesome.

casiewbao said...

jst go and buy some tods/hermes to relag... that's what I do when kids stress me up too much hahah

Labels