Thursday, June 18, 2009

And the cost of Coffee is....

It all happened when I was grabbing a late lunch sandwich at Spinelli. I winced when the barista duly informed me that said sandwich would cost $6.90. Resigned, I handed over my Spinelli card, hoping there is enough in there to pay for my lunch.

"Would you like to redeem your points for the sandwich?", she kindly asks. "It will take 1,500 points, and you have 4,500 points in your card." She continues. Surprised, I responded and asked her how much I had to spend to accumulate 4500 points. And the answer......... a shocking $480.

Gasp. I had spent $480 on coffee?!? Granted, it was over a long period of time (unlike some kopi addict friends who need double or triple doses a day), but my mind quickly computed $480 = 1 pair tods shoe on sale.

Ok no more designer kopi for me. Stick to Ya Kun (and even the $2 for kopi at Ya Kun I think it's a rip off).

Moral of story? Drink water.

2 comments:

cows shud drink coke.. makes caffein milk said...

Wah lau!! where got pple get uber thousands bag but grumble about a cuppa coffee!! typical aunty!

by thw way, thats really not too much kopi... imagine $480 a year... so thats 80 cups a month wat! or 2.6 cups a day!... i drink at least 3-6 cans of coke a day!! see Roaul agrees!!

Imagine if coke had a points system!! wahhhh! i bet i can redeem an flight to alaska to sit on the pole and drink coke with the polar bears..ala the ad.

casiewbao said...

how many economy class flights I am take in order to enjoy a free SQ first class non stop flight to Paris...........


cows : if drinking something can redeem a flight, I am very sure I should be able to go to the moon now.....

Labels