Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Shopping Victim

So I got a new hp. What better way to pretty it than to get a shiny new hp accessory. Ever since Nic and I went to IMM to get the hoochie-mama bling type of strap for Viv, I was toying with the idea of getting one for myself too. $30 is not ex. But then, the vainpot inside me says the brighter, the sparklier, the louder the better. So off to Swarovski, but unfortunately none of their sparklies caught my eye. Veered off to other counters at Takashimaya, and at Thomas Sabo, there it was - SHOPPING VICTIM. Thomas Sabo is a collection of charms, the idea is one mix and matches to customize own jewellery in a million and one ways. And there it was, the one meant for me, a silver shopping bag charm with the words SHOPPING VICTIM carved out. Yes that's me! That's me! No one would disagree. Actually there's an impressive display of charms there, if not for the hefty pricetag, I would have bagged a few more. There was another pair of shoes in a box engraved with "MY FAVOURITE SHOES" that were very me as well. Too bad no sale, I told myself, Patience. I will wait. Self-control is needed. Their jewellery is very pretty, mentally I was already mixing and matching a few ideas, too bad about the price tag. Shamelessly, if people are thinking of birthday ideas for me, I would not mind a few more of the TS charms. Heehee.

Maybe it's foresight, but since I figure I might shop at Taka more often, I picked up a Takashimaya DBS card application form. Bleh. C was over an hour late in picking me up for lunch, so what can I do? True to my Shopping Victim persona, I ended up spending more money. New tags for the dogs, new belts, clothes, hairclips. Total new hairclip acquisition in past 2 weeks? 8. It's all C's fault of course, if he weren't late I wouldn't spend money. Do I have storage space for all these? Likely not.

No comments:

Labels