Friday, January 11, 2008

Dimwit's discovery

Couple of months back C gave me a large flat screen TV. At about that time I started on the K-drama craze. One thing that irks me watching it on cable is that I could not get the dual sound to work. Pounding on the "dual" button on the tv remote a hundred times just yielded the message "mono" flashing on the screen. Recently I gave it another try by retuning all the tv channels, even adjusting cable and tv setup connections. No success.

Today I looked at the cable remote. Pressed the Help button. There it was - Audio button on the remote for changing sound setup. Pressed Audio button. There it was, dual sound in Korean. I made it! At last! Nearly 6 months late. Naturally there was a big DUH in my head when the dual sound went on. I couldn't believe it, it took me 6 mths to figure this out. Any dimwit with half a brain or a 10 year old could have probably done it in 1/10th of the time. Point being - my techno brain is is really upped and gone. Kapish. Kapowed. Kablooped. Gone. Bye bye. Sayonara.

To prove this point? On my new SE handphone, it took me 3 weeks to figure out how to configure MMS settings correctly and send my 1st MMS.

No comments:

Labels